Hosted by Darren Baker
german shops signages
crismag
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 280 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 10:50 AM UTC
hi all! anyone knows links of where i can find german shop signages during ww2? any info is most helpful thanks in advance
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 10:57 AM UTC
I'm pretty sure Verlinden does the signs.
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 11:25 AM UTC
velinden definitely carry a set. I have one at home myself, I bought one set and ask my friend to scan it and print out on normal paper now I ave unlimited supplies of it. You can PM your email address to me, I see if I can ask my friend to scan one more time for me and I can email you the file. (Lost the last file... )
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 03:02 PM UTC
Hey Dave. If you get a scan of the German signs, I would appreciate it if you could send me a copy as well. Thanks a million!
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 04:37 PM UTC
No Problem PlasticBattle, please note the following is my email address, if any of you wanna one just drop me a line, I will try to get my friend scan it next week, and send to you guys, while I am at it, I also got a set with german War Poster, I will scan as well and send. If I don't do it by Tuesday, someone please remind me again, because been rather busy in the office and my brain/memory is failing me lately. #:-)

Hope Mr. Verlinden is not gonna sue me for this. #:-)
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 07:44 PM UTC
Heck all I have is road signs. (:-)
crismag
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 09:40 AM UTC
thanks a lot dave! we will be waiting for your email dont worry we'll remind you next week many many thanks
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2002 - 04:28 PM UTC
Guys, I had sent the two files to your respective email address. HTH!
REMEARMR
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 443 posts
Armorama: 357 posts
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2002 - 06:51 PM UTC
Just recieved your email. Thanks alot they are outstanding. My head is awash with ideas's of what to build so I can use!
Many Thanks
Robbo :-)
crismag
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 09:06 AM UTC
thanks a lot dave! just got your email they are a big help in my new dio project
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 09:39 PM UTC
Thanks a million Dave. More work to do now to incorporate some of these into. Its great to have them!

All the best
Frank
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 02:37 PM UTC
If you want BUSINESS SIGNS (French, German, Italian), then check out the resin offerings from Custom Dioramics.... TOP NOTCH and fairly cheap... like $8-9 per language. Just a thought.
vlady
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
KitMaker: 534 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2002 - 01:10 AM UTC
hei dave (ss 74) can you send them to me too? [email protected]. thz before and after
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2002 - 11:07 AM UTC
Hi Vlady,

Just sent.
Josenhans
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 46 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2002 - 11:14 AM UTC
SS-74, may I please get a copy of your signs. you can mail them to [email protected] I sure would appreciate it.
demodelbouwer
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 792 posts
Armorama: 314 posts
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2002 - 03:29 AM UTC
Hello guys ,

If you need more free stuff check out my homepage.
Note : At this time the full English not working optimal but the Dutch version is .
So click on the Dutch flag en then click on the GRATIS topic .
There you can find al lot of things that are usefull .
And if you can share your signs or whatever please send it towards me .
I will add it to the site .
Everything that is printable is welcome !!!!!!!!!!!

De Modelbouwers home page

Eric

crahier
Visit this Community
Liege, Belgium
KitMaker: 1 posts
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2002 - 03:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

velinden definitely carry a set. I have one at home myself, I bought one set and ask my friend to scan it and print out on normal paper now I ave unlimited supplies of it. You can PM your email address to me, I see if I can ask my friend to scan one more time for me and I can email you the file. (Lost the last file... )

I'm very interested !! Could send me it to [email protected] ?

Many thanks !

Chris
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2002 - 03:47 AM UTC
Don't mean to get on the "high and mighty" bandwagon, but Isn't this material copyrighted by Verlinden and Plus Model? Don't think we should be taking these for free without paying for them. This hurts the industry...

I will email you many sheets of similar images that I have found on the web that are in the public domain... use them instead, eh? That way we are not taking something from Petr Vessly and Francois Verlinden without paying for them. This is the "right thing to do"... i know both gentlemen professionally, and don't feel right about this.

Email me directly Eric ([email protected]) and I will forward you the free pages, if you find this agreeable. I have many collections of Propaganda posters, commercial signs, and things of this nature - and these are not copyrighted, so we are not infringing on anyone.

demodelbouwer
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 792 posts
Armorama: 314 posts
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2002 - 08:50 PM UTC
Thanks to Jeff for sending me the signs .

For those who wants them they can be found on site .

( The English version is also ' on-line '

Eric

SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2002 - 10:24 PM UTC
So it's not like I am charging 5 bucks a piece for these signs, I did it as a little help to the guys. So if you guys still wanna me to send the files to you, you can PM me.
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 - 05:06 AM UTC
DavePig2... i know the first part of your signature is German for "God is with us"... but what is "Der Sonntag Bund "
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 - 01:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

DavePig2... i know the first part of your signature is German for "God is with us"... but what is "Der Sonntag Bund "

Keith, Hi, I replied you in the PM on the signature thing. Now you had asked, we would like you to join us, with your experiences, man, we surely love to have you...
rick
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 65 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 - 05:32 AM UTC
hey dave (ss 74),
can you send them to me too? [email protected].
Because I can't download it from the site of the modelbouwer.
Cheers,
Rick
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 - 05:49 AM UTC
This is a curious topic (the copyright issue). Perhaps James Welch (Dreamweaver) or Dana Nield (Quartermaster's Depot) can comment on the legal matters, assuming they did some research on this.

I would assume many of these publically displayed propaganda posters would be considered public domain or directly owned by the groups or governments who made them (and I doubt they would cry foul at them being reproduced -- can you see the PLO saying "Hey!! don't put our posters up in that diorama!!).

Anyways...my 2 cents.

Jim
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 - 10:05 AM UTC
Actually a good point Jim - and I have the answer, from a legal perspective.

The *majority* of the images are "real posters" from the war, and are in the public domain... a few are not, but rather are the original creation of an artist..

An example would be some of the street signs included in the Verlinden series. They did not reproduce an original work, they re-created the concept of an original. This means an artist sat down and spent time drawing the image, for the purpose of selling the finished product(s).

The second key issue is that the *assembling of the artwork*. And the production of the layout can (and has been) copyrighted. I'm not a nutcase left-winger here... but here is a real-world example:

I went out and spent about two weeks of online time trying to find "unprinted" posters and things like that which were not readily availalbe from the big commercial diorama companies. I found about a dozen I have never seen produced anywhere before. I then started working on Photoshop to enhance the images to the point that they would produce well on a low-res printer (like a laser or inkjet).... so isn't there some value there?

And then, IF I went to the trouble to advertise that product ($$$$) and to print up an inventory of that product to fill orders ($$$) and then found that someone was giving it away exactly as I had produced it... well , you can see that I would be upset. That's just not right in my eyes.

If we users in the hobby do this enough, then companies like Verlinden, Plus, and Custom Dioramics will just stop doing more signs and that means we are then FORCED to go search on our own. They can't make money, so we lose the convenience.

This isn't meant to be a soapbox issue... but hey, there is my 2-cents worth. That's what makes this country (and this website) great - free speech!
 _GOTOTOP