_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T34/85 Dragon Version differences
riodoro
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 05:27 AM UTC
Hi all,
I `ve got a question about Dragons T34/85 kits: Is it posible to build a WWII version out of the Box of the NVA or Korean War version (like the chinese IS-2 that builds a perfect WWII Stalin)? I need to ask it because it seems to be nearly imposible to buy a 1944 version out there at the stores .
Cheers
Andreas

P.S. Kennt jemand vielleicht einen Onlineshop(in D bzw Europa) oder ein Geschaeft um die Ecke das die 1944er Version anbietet? Kaufe auch gern zu einem vernuenftigen Preis von Privat.
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
KitMaker: 1,796 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 08:57 AM UTC
Andreas
Good question, and when you get an answer I'll knowalso. I've been wondering the same thing.
Welcome to Armorama.
BlueBear
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 414 posts
Armorama: 148 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 02:55 PM UTC
It depends on if the kit still includes the old style road wheels and if the turret ventilation mushrooms are positionable. The positioning of the ventilators was changed on post-war production vehicles, and retrofitted to others
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 07:52 PM UTC
You will have to change road wheels if WW2 version is required. That is about all I can see have three of these fine models plus a bunch of tamiya ones . Never have tried to see if wheels will fit but as some of the kits I have from Tamiya had the dual set of wheels rubber and steel I have enough to swap them out to all steel. good luck nice kit
and Welcome aboard (:-)
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,718 posts
Armorama: 1,130 posts
Posted: Friday, September 20, 2002 - 06:17 AM UTC
Hi,

Welcome to ArmoramA

Here T34-85 at Russian Battlefield and at this article by Bret Green Building the DML T-34/85 Model 1944 at HyperScale you can find some info about T34-85.

HTH

210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Friday, September 20, 2002 - 08:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi,

Welcome to ArmoramA

Here T34-85 at Russian Battlefield and at this article by Bret Green Building the DML T-34/85 Model 1944 at HyperScale you can find some info about T34-85.

HTH

Jose--many thaanks I just got the Tamiya T34/85 and hope to use some of the techniques shown.
DJ
cdave
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 545 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 06:21 AM UTC
Hey Bros,

Yes, you can (as it is posted above) make the NVA DML kit into a WWII version. Note that the wheels where used in the last stages of the war, so make a choice to what date you want.

As for the front nose, the angled one is best, while an earlier T-34/76 needs a round nose. See my SU-85 over at WW 2 Model Maker in the project area.

Lastly, the vents are different as are the wheels. Early 85 turrets had these seperated, while late war had them closer. Again, pic an choose the date.

Any other questions, drop a word or two....
Dave
riodoro
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 3 posts
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2002 - 07:53 PM UTC
Thanks for your warm welcome and the good tips and hints. I already knew the battlefield.ru page and i think its realy great. A lot of Info from well known sources and some interesting articles nowhere else to be found ( Copyrights??? noone seems to care about that in Russia )
Another Question not really for that forum :
Is there a 120 mm figure out there at the market equipted with a PTRD or PTRS anti tank rifle ?
Cheers
Andreas
 _GOTOTOP