_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
wanted - M4A2 early hull
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 10:45 AM UTC
As the title says - I want an early/mid (with drivers hoods) hull top for the Academy M4A2 US Marines that I've just won on ebay and can't find any in the UK shops that I use. Can anybody help - an M4A3 was offered a while ago but I've lost the name - I can always change the engine deck. Can pay by paypal.
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2005 - 01:56 AM UTC
If you want a mid you can either go with Formations or the Trakz kit ..if you want a direct vision either Legend or CMD make that hull ...I'm sure you can order most of these kits direct on line...

Rick
DaveCox
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2005 - 03:54 AM UTC
Thanks Rick - Bryan (ex-royal) may have what I'm after so at the moment I'll say it's sorted.

My usual source for Formations stuff in the UK seems to have very low stocks at the moment.............
DRAGONWAGON
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,041 posts
Armorama: 501 posts
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2005 - 05:13 AM UTC
Hi Dave,

I have the Academy M4A2 hull for ya, if interested...It's the hull off the Russian Army M4A2, so it needs a bit of suregeory on it's back!!

If you're intersted, or need more parts, PM me...

Greetz, John.
DaveCox
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2005 - 05:26 AM UTC
John, the Academy kit is one that I'm getting, the upper hull is the same in both Russian and USMC kits. - I want to replace the 47degree large hatch hull with the earlier type to make a Sherman III. Thanks for the offer anyway!
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,748 posts
Armorama: 1,797 posts
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2005 - 06:51 AM UTC
Just so you know, Dave, you'll also need a low-bustle turret, like the one in the Tamiya M4, for that conversion. If you get the Trakz conversion kit, you get the correct upper hull and the parts to convert the rear end of a Tamiya M4 lower hull.

Decisions, decisions ... have fun!
DaveCox
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2005 - 07:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Just so you know, Dave, you'll also need a low-bustle turret, like the one in the Tamiya M4, for that conversion. If you get the Trakz conversion kit, you get the correct upper hull and the parts to convert the rear end of a Tamiya M4 lower hull.

Decisions, decisions ... have fun!

Damn, is nothing simple!! I just can't afford these full conversion kits, so I guess that's another Brit vehicle that'll have to wait before it's added to my collection. I'll have to make the kit OOB as the USMC version.
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,748 posts
Armorama: 1,797 posts
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2005 - 07:07 AM UTC
Semper Fi!

generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2005 - 11:36 AM UTC
Dave
Are you trying to build a real early version? I know Legends is coming out with an early M4A2 to fit either the Academy hulls or the Italeri M4A1 There is a review over at the Perth site It has the 3 piece tranny,direct vision slots M3 Lee bogies and a lot of goodies with it
DaveCox
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2005 - 11:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dave
Are you trying to build a real early version? I know Legends is coming out with an early M4A2 to fit either the Academy hulls or the Italeri M4A1 There is a review over at the Perth site It has the 3 piece tranny,direct vision slots M3 Lee bogies and a lot of goodies with it

Hi Chad,

What I would like to build is a 1943-44 Sherman III in UK/Commonwealth service perhaps with the wading trunks as these were used in Italy and possibly in Europe, but with the exception of Tamiya's M4Early and Dragons Firefly/M4A4 all the Shermans available are 47degree large-hatch variants. Just trying to fill a gap in my collection of British vehicles. I also find the earlier small-hatch hulls more interesting than the flat glacis of the later types.
I can easily convert an M4A3 or M4 hull to an M4A2 as I have quite a few spare engine decks, but a low bustle turret means buying a resin aftermarket set or a Tamiya M4 as a donor and my budget is severely limited at the moment.
ex-royal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,009 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2005 - 12:00 PM UTC
Hi Dave,
I have an ordanance factory Sherman III DV hull (Brand New mastered by Fabio Sachi) I can let you have fairly inexpensive and a I also have a TWS low bustle turret kicking around somewhere just pm me and Im sure we can sort something out no problem.
Cheers,
Bryan
DaveCox
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2005 - 12:46 PM UTC
Looks like I'm sorted thanks to Bryan. Cheers mate.
pascalbausset
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 1,416 posts
Armorama: 1,379 posts
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2005 - 08:57 PM UTC
Dave,

I can sell you (low price, brand new not open)) a M4A2 hull ref 333 from Verlinden product. But I dont know if its that you search!

cheers
DaveCox
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2005 - 09:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Dave,

I can sell you (low price, brand new not open)) a M4A2 hull ref 333 from Verlinden product. But I dont know if its that you search!

cheers

Thanks for the offer, but I've already agreed a deal with Bryan.
 _GOTOTOP