_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Trouble with the submission on-line form ?
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2005 - 04:46 AM UTC
Hi all,
has anybody experienced troubles with the on-line form ?
I sent a feature article and a review (compliant with the new site regulations ) but nothing has been published until now. Could it be related with the on-line form ?
TIA
olivier
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2005 - 05:07 AM UTC
Oliver,
There is a considerable backlog of items (esspecially in armor) right now. 12 online reviews and about 40 support center items. If you submitted it via the support center or the online review form I am sure it is still there waiting to be published.

Thanks for your patience.

Jim
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Armorama: 1,245 posts
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2005 - 05:24 AM UTC
Jim, this does raise a point though. I've submitted several articles over the years and they never made it to the site. They were kind of only marginally on topic so I wasn't really surprised to see them not make the cut. I would have liked to have gotten some kind of rejection letter though, just to make sure I hadn't just sent them off to the ether without anybody ever seeing them. Anybody who has ever submitted an article to any source knows how to accept a rejection letter, but not knowing at all kind of sucks.

Do you think possibly the editiors of the various sections could possibly creat a form rejection letter to send out if they reviw an article and feel it doesn't quite live up to what you're looking for?
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 02:15 AM UTC
Hello Jim,
OK for being patient. I perfectly understand the work which is done by the staff, thanks for it.

But however, I second Halfyank in the sense that the features article I submitted was sent in early February. From then, I got no reply that's why I thought I got trouble with the on-line form.

I PM'd someone in the staff with no reply too. I can understand that my submission didn't reach the standard required for such a submission. But even this I'm not aware of. Blaming no one here, just trying to help this excellent site go on smoothly

olivier
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Armorama: 1,088 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 08:37 PM UTC
Well, its not that we are wildly impatient ...well maybe a little :-)

I submitted a couple of rewievs some weeks ago - after about a week I recived a mail about one of the review, and we agreed on not posting it, since the product actually was out of production - fair enough- no problems.

The other review was stil pending in the submissionline for another week - now its gone, but I have recieved no mail or notification and it havent been posted in the rewiev section - so quite frankly, I dont know if its rejected or is just standing in line for posting.

I think the keyword is "communication" - I have no problems with waiting several weeks if there is a lot other submissions waiting in line, but I surely miss a mail or a PM saying " we have recived and accepted your rewiev - due to a large number of pending reviews we expect to publish it within the next X days/weeks"

Otherwise im afraid the we "no-hardcore reviewers" might loose our motivation to submit material in the future.

Cheers/Jan
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 04:55 AM UTC
Unfortunately there was a 6 month or so time period that ended in February where all the communications sent to users via the support center were not getting delivered via email. It took us a while to realize this so many items which needed images or what not were not added.

But remember you CAN log back into the support center and check on the progress of your submissions. You just can't do this for the online reviews unless you also submit seperate images for that review to the support center (which we recommend).

Considering we have maybe 50 unpublished items in the que (and before the support center was started I probably had a hundred or so which I clearly asked people to re-submit via the support center if they wanted to see them published), well that compares pretty well to the THOUSANDS of unpublished items that other webmasters have admitted having in their inboxes. And I know from hearing it often that these other sites almost never send a notice of rejection.

Cheers,
Jim
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 06:36 AM UTC
Fair enough Jim, But ...

Following my last review (and first :-) ) I was contacted by 2-3 contentscouts - "plz, we want material" - etc. Fine, thats nice and makes me feel that my work is valued.

And I know I can look in the supportpage, but in this case my review was submitted as a zipped file (text and pics) and was pending for 2 weeks, and then disapered a week ago - so no chance of follow up on anything ?

All i am saying is, this is a great site, a lot of people want to contribute to keep it alive, we don´t expect much, but being suspended in limbo ain´t that great.

I am well aware of the great work being done by you and a lot of others, all I ask is a simple mail or PM from an editor saying - "dude, you are in the green", or "we would like you to do this and that" then I´m happy and will continue submitting bad english and blurry photos
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 07:05 AM UTC
Jan,
I reviewed all your tickets on the support center and was rather confused why 2 of your reviews were never added. Nor did I see a reponse created to indicated why they were not published (of which you would have gotten a copy). I will need to confer with the staff on this type of situation to see where the breakdown is occuring.

I have reopened both reviews and assigned them to Matt.

Thanks,
Jim
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 07:17 AM UTC
Hi Jim,

I got feedback on the one about the Nebelwerfer, and since the kit is out of production, we decided on scrapping it in mutual agreement - the other ones fate is unknown to me...

_GOTOTOP