_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Started my T-55a for the Seeing Red Campaign
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 11:08 AM UTC
Last night put together all the wheels. Today was one of those balmy days here in Dallas. Temp running around 80 so I opened the house up Put Led Zeppelin I and Heart by Heart on the stereo, and had 2 blissful hours of uninterrupted joyous model building. Got the lower hull assembled and the tracks painted. It must be that "new vinyl" I've heard about that you can glue, so that's where I am. Eat your hearts out you snow dwellers. :-) :-) :-)
fbuis
Visit this Community
Ain, France
KitMaker: 447 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 06:46 PM UTC
Hi Steve,
Lucky you, building a T-55 in good weather condition... and good music.
Waiting to see your T-55 pictures.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 06:51 AM UTC
Howdy blaster,

Gee, temp's in the 80's you say, early 'Zep on the 8-track ( ), and some excellent plastic siitin' in front of you?.....man, sounds like a slice of heaven to me.

If it's the Tammy T-55 kit, you will have the added pleasure of building an outstanding kit. Tamiya really outdid themselves with that release.
In fact I've been toying with the idea of building my T-55 based Enigma for the 'Seeing Red' Campaign but have not yet requested approval of the vehicle. I mean, this is soviet-based....correct?

Thx for sharing your 'good vibes' with us Steve.

Tread.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 09:22 AM UTC
Gordon:

Yep the Tamiya kit. The only thing I did was add a barrel depot tube. At $6 how could I resist. Kit is sweet. I think the only requirement for the seeing red is that it served with Soviet Union, but I'm sure that a variation of a Russian built might go. Temp dropped 20 degrees today, but that's Texas
woodstock74
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,189 posts
Armorama: 692 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 02:23 PM UTC
I've seen various mentions of the Seeing Red campaign. How does one join or where is the page dedicated to it?
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2005 - 02:16 AM UTC
Howdy woodstock74,

Glad you're interested in the 'Seeing Red' Campaign .
You'll find some great members (or should I say '
comrades' ) are already signed up for this one, and it sounds like a load of fun!

The Campaign leader is GIBeregovoy, who has provided a superb layout of the parameters of the build, as well as a lengthy list of support / reference sites that can help your efforts ( a superb idea that GIB ).
At last look the Campaign already has 86 (eighty six) enlistees so the assortment of entries shold be thoroughly entertaining!
So, please stop by woodstock74 and add your name to the list of very talented builders...oops, eer, I meant, comrades!

Here's the clickable link:

Seeing Red Campaign

hope that helps.

Tread.
 _GOTOTOP