Hosted by Darren Baker
JGSDF LAV Pics Needed
demodelbouwer
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 792 posts
Armorama: 314 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 12:40 AM UTC
As the title says i need desperate some pictures of the JGSDF LAV.

Is there any one out there who can provide me with some pics of the interiour ??

for example i need pics where to attach the radio ???

The Tamiya kit has several antenna's but there is no radio in side the vehicle..no problem i have many radio's here on hand but i need some specific pics about the interiour..
Can any one help me out ..

regards

Eric
demodelbouwer
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2005 - 06:29 AM UTC
well can't have all the luck...

:-(

HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2005 - 04:15 PM UTC
Here are a couple links to some pics.

JLAV 1
JLAV 2

Hope those help.
demodelbouwer
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 01:13 AM UTC
Gino,

thanks a lot..sure helped me out great !!!

grtz

Eric
kglack43
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 842 posts
Armorama: 607 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 03:01 AM UTC
Gino linked you too a couple great site....the top one is the one i would have sent you too...check out the wire barrier around the headlights...and look closely at the doors.

thats one sexy vehicle they have made....i just wonder why we didnt go that route instead of using the under armored humvee for our troops in harm's way.

kevin
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 03:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

i just wonder why we didnt go that route instead of using the under armored humvee for our troops in harm's way.

kevin

Kevin,
Actually, if you look at stats, the JLAV offers about the same protection as an Uparmored M1114 HMMWV. It is still only an armored car, just as vulnerable as other wheeled, armored vehicles.
kglack43
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 842 posts
Armorama: 607 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 04:25 AM UTC
cool...thanks for the info Gino
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 04:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

....i just wonder why we didnt go that route instead of using the under armored humvee for our troops in harm's way.

The HMMWV was designed 20 years ago to fight a traditional war in Europe. Tanks and Bradleys on the front lines, HEMMTs, deuces, 5 tons and HMMWVs running around in the rear areas.

We were being told throughout the 90s that the next war was going to be a "come as you are" war.

This meant that we were going to have to make due with the equipment procured for a Cold War gone hot.

Somalia showed us the regular hardtop HMMWV was not very effective in an urban environment. The HMMWV itself preformed superbly throughout warfare in the open desert though.

The realization that the HMMWV was not going to be viable in an urban environment lead to the development of the Stryker. The reason why it took us so long to finally develop a medium weight unit (airborne forces=light, armor/mech=heavy) was interservice rivalry from the USMC. If the Army had medium weight units, what would the United States need with a Marine Corps?

The Marines saw the US Army's medium brigades as infringement on their territory. Traditionally, US strategy was to deploy the Army airborne forces to quickly establish a presence (the proverbial line in the sand), followed shortly by the USMC with their mix of medium forces (LAV) supported by organic heavy armor forces (they don't have a relatively large Abrams inventory--the Texas National Guard owns more tanks than they do--no dig at the USMC intended, just fact).

This force was to hold on until US mech/armor forces could be deployed by sea from stateside and Europe.

Of course, it was realized that this strategy was outdated and we would not always be able to build heavy combat power. Hence the decision to convert a large number of heavy brigades into medium brigades (Stryker). And now that we had medium brigades that supposedly can deploy as quickly as airborne forces, what do we need all the airborne for? So let's convert a number of light brigades into medium brigades as well.

During this transitional period, our nation decides to go to war. Unfortunately, the Army does not have the ability to tell the nation, "Sorry, we're in the middle of a major transformation, please postpone the war until we’re done.”

So we’re back to a “come as you are” war.
 _GOTOTOP