Hosted by Darren Baker
Trumpeter T-34
oldbean
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 769 posts
Armorama: 461 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 11:46 AM UTC
I have a chance to get Trumpeters 1/16 T-34/76 for half price, but I hate to think that it would just sit on my self waiting years to get built. I hate to pass up a deal like this, but I also hate knowing that if do get it, it will just sit there. Oh the decisions....

Jesse
Monte
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 833 posts
Armorama: 601 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 11:58 AM UTC
I have a solution for your delema. Buy it and give it to me!! :-)
oldbean
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 12:12 PM UTC
Sure! Only charge you $90 for shipping! :-) :-)

Jesse
VenomOrca
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 209 posts
Armorama: 169 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 01:28 PM UTC
I say buy it...

As soon as you get it home you will want to start on it after looking at the parts, well at least thats what I did.

The thing is loaded with detail, and if you just take your time and not rush things...youll turn out a decent model of it.

Go for it and have fun.

Btw...why hasnt anyone made any Russian figures for this thing in this scale by now?
5thMech
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 81 posts
Armorama: 55 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 01:46 PM UTC
Oldbean, a half priced 1/16th T-34 is quite the deal. If I could have gotten mine for half price I would have bought two now that I know what you get from Trumpeter.

One of the other guys has given you sound advice. Take your time through each step and you'll produce a fine result right from the box. Take some extra time with good references, scratch building and improved details and you'll have something extraordinary that won't require contest judges to look at it with magnifying glasses. Even the legally blind can see all on this kit in this scale!

Don't know whether or not you build Tamiya kits. If you do as I do, the one thing you will note in the T-34 is the softer nature of the plastic. For something as big as this I suspected a heavier gauge of plastic for the larger parts. It surprised me to feel the slighter weight and somewhat flexible nature of the larger parts. They aren't warped or anything like that. It just seems that a Tamiya 1/35th armor kit is a heftier, more solid replica when assembled. Not a criticism as much as an observation but I offer it to you for what it's worth.

Go for your half price deal and enjoy the construction, Comrade. You'll feel like one of the People's welders at Tankograd working on this baby!
VenomOrca
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 209 posts
Armorama: 169 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 02:06 PM UTC
Just to show what can be done basically out of the box....

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/wmiipms/Galleries/AirZoo2004/Cat_21/S.htm

Take your time and you can do the same.
oldbean
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 03:05 PM UTC
I don't know.... I hear it calling me. I might just give in and go get it. Let's see, if I sell a couple quarts of blood and a yard of skin...... But then again, some things are worth it! :-)

Jesse
Monte
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 833 posts
Armorama: 601 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 04:45 PM UTC
Do it Jesse, you know you'll be kicking yourself in the butt later if you don't!
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Armorama: 1,088 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 07:29 PM UTC
Give in, its the only thing to do. Its a truely great kit, with loads of oppertunities for refinement.

Go Go GO !

:-)

I have build 2 myself, i“m not sure I won“t get a 3.rd.

Theres 2 wery long topics in the Afv/large scale forum, with loads of referancematerial, usefull links and suggestions - try take a look.

sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,315 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 11:40 PM UTC
HI, Check out the model of the super-detailed /85 that has just been completed over on the tanxheaven site and if this doesn't make a believer out of you of just what can be done with one of these kits, nothing will. They are really a nice kit and even though a tad bit expensive compared to just the average 1/35 scale kit, they are well worth it for all the time you'll spend building it even if it is just OOTB. And a BIG box it is too!

Bet you can't build just one? Remember, as they say on the Red Green Show, "I'm pulling for you, we're all in this thing together."

Take care, Sgirty
 _GOTOTOP