Hosted by Darren Baker
USAF EOD 1950 CHEVY PICS!
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
Armorama: 1,319 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 06:21 AM UTC
finally got to use my new digi cam today, it was nice outside so I decided to get some work done on my "1:1 scale model" #:-)

these are some pictures of a1950 Chevrolet United States Air Force EOD (explosive ordinance) truck. Please excuse me if the pictures are a bit rough, but this is my first time using a digital camera. In addition, if you would like to see anything specific, please let me know and I will be happy to take some pictures
thanks
-Shain

First: A side view of the truck

(take a look in the rear left, the guy across the street from us has the same truck...MUCH better condition though haha.

Second:guages, oil, temp..some other stuff i dont feel like walking out there and remembering #:-)

Third: GOLD! for me anyways, this is the original wooden bed, I was removing a large sheet of aluminum that was covering this and didnt expect this at all, it will still need replacing as it is rotted.

last, certainly not least, the engine, this is a Straight 6, as they say...chevy...like a rock, you could beat this thing with a sledge hammer and hurt yourself before you do any damage to this thing

thanks for taking a look there are more pictures in my gallery, once again, anything specific you'd like to see, please PM me and i'll post it up here
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 07:28 AM UTC
Thanks for sharing those photos Shain. It is nice to see some of the old ones that have survived.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 10:23 AM UTC

"...... It is nice to see some of the old ones that have survived. ...."

I could apply this same phrase to you and I Cliff....

Nice truck Mech-Maniac. Praytell, how did you find out it was an EOD truck?

Tread.
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
Armorama: 1,319 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 03:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

"...... It is nice to see some of the old ones that have survived. ...."

I could apply this same phrase to you and I Cliff....

Nice truck Mech-Maniac. Praytell, how did you find out it was an EOD truck?

Tread.

story time! haha
We bought this from a friend down the street, they bought it from some other neighbors about 8 years ago, and did nothing with it. When the people we bought it from, bought the truck, they were told that it was a USAF EOD truck. SOMEWHERE they have the Government plate for the truck that has all its info on it, the blue paint on the truck, is the original Air Force blue color on it.

my father and I are going to restore it to how it looked when the Airforce owned it. Granted it will take some time
 _GOTOTOP