_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
new gallery issue
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,171 posts
Armorama: 541 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 03:53 PM UTC
First, on a quick look, I like the new main page layout where the albums show with a picture & all that. I know uploading is disabled now & I'll play with other things later.

BUT, I think there is a bug .....
-- Old Gallery sorted on TITLE & I very carefully named all my pix by an abbreviation for the album & a sequence number to keep them in the order I desired.
-- New Gallery doesn't offer TITLE as a sort option but I used FILENAME and it seems to work correctly.
The problem is that if I sort one album, then the others go back into the original order, which appears to be last-in first-shown, or maybe TITLE in reverse, I'm not sure.

I don't mind going thru & sorting my gallery/albums to put them in the order I want to portray them (which is many times tied to notes in Campaign Journal), but we've got to get a handle on just what is being sorted & etc.

Anyway, looks like it will be neat when done, I just thought I'd report what appears to be a bug ....

John
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 04:15 PM UTC
Hey John!
You can upload ok, it took me awhile before I realized that I had to log in to Kitmakers first. Then after I did , all the useful stuff pops up for you to use! Simple after that. Give her a try!

HTH,

Garry
jRatz
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 03:40 PM UTC
Garry:

I was logged in; I just didn't bother to upload anything. (a sign of lack of progress on my builds).

My message was meant to highlight a sorting problem, I must not have been clear in that.

John
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 07:16 PM UTC
John,
This new gallery was MADE for users like you. Click "Album Admin" in the gallery. Then on any of your sub-category albums click EDIT. There is a pull-down there with a sorting preference.

Cheers,
Jim
jRatz
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 03:28 PM UTC
Jim:

You are right, IT WORKS !!! All one has to do is find the right buttons to click to get there. My Gallery is now organized (which makes it one step ahead of me).

Two thoughts:
-- We need a Help document (or did I miss that also?) to explain the options & in particular that some actions aren't permenent because they relate to viewing rather than maintaining.
-- I didn't find a button that would take me back, from the Galleries, to Armorama.

Anyway, thanks - new format & stuff looks great, proud to test it out ....

John
 _GOTOTOP