Hosted by Darren Baker
new wall panel, in-progress photo...
dsc
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
KitMaker: 247 posts
Armorama: 228 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 11:36 AM UTC
Here's the new wall panel I've been recently working on. Before scribing I've added a nice texture to the panel by pressing a rock agains it's surface. This way I've ended up with result that is similar to a natural wall. The scribing isn't deep on this piece as I didn't want to go overboard like I did last time. I will probably deepen it later, but first I wanted to get your opinion. So what do you all think?? Better than the last one, or not?? Any input is welcome and very appreciated. Here's the picture:

Hope you like it, cheers,
dsc.
blockhaus
Visit this Community
Spain / España
KitMaker: 693 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 12:05 PM UTC
Hello DSC, althoug you previuos work is good, this sample is, for me, very best. I think that texture is very good and no need further scriber work.best whises
Carlos
wampum
Visit this Community
Tekirdag, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Armorama: 661 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 09:20 PM UTC
I agree with Carlos. Previous job was good, but this one is much more realistic. Pressing aroc is a very good idea, thanks for sharing it. I'll try.
feelpanzer
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 122 posts
Armorama: 93 posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 06:53 AM UTC
looks good for me to but I'm looking forward to see a panel painted and finished.

feelpanzer.
Elad
Visit this Community
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
KitMaker: 458 posts
Armorama: 269 posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 07:21 AM UTC
very good.

could you post an how-to on how you did this piece?
dsc
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 12:28 PM UTC
Thanks for the comments guys!! I've just finished the whole panel and took some pics. I've also managed to take some in-progress shots but I will have to work on those in Photoshop before posting. So here's the whole panel:

and a photo showing the actual scale of the wall, each square on that piece of paper means 1cm, so it's more than 13cm high and more than 7 cm wide.

Hope you still like it:) This is going to be the master model for my mold so if anyone has any ideas or advice this is pretty much the only chance to change anything.

I still have to finish all the details on this panel, but after that I will try to do a corner piece that works with these wall panels. I will hopefully post some pictures soon. Cheers!

dsc.

PS. I will write a short "how to" in my next post as soon as I finish working on those WIP pictures in Photoshop.
dsc
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 09:49 AM UTC
Hi

Sorry for posting two times in a row, but I guess nobody felt like leaving a comment and I have some new pics for the short "how to" post. I will post it in the Scratchbuilt section, cause it fits a little better there. So if anyone's interested how to create such a wall, come check it out. Cheers!

dsc.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2005 - 05:30 PM UTC
You could make the sides, or ends, of your wall section to interlock with more sections to make corners or extended walls. Indent every other course, or row, of stones on one side, and alternate the rows on the other side. Kinda hard to explain. On the right side indent all the odd numbered rows and on the left side indent the even numbered rows. When you place two sections side by side the indentations on the sections will interlock. This method will make the joint between sections less conspicuous. An endless wall is possible, or a complete 4-walled building. Make the margin of the indentations the same width as the thickness of the walls. Like building a structure with those 3-D jigsaw puzzles. If you're planning on casting with plaster or hydrocal, it will be easy to knock off the uneven ends to make a final section.

PS: Hope it's not too late!!
dsc
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 07:58 AM UTC
Hi there Biggles2. Thanks for leaving a comment. I'm affraid it is too late as I've already made a mould. I'm now trying to figure out how to make some corners to easily join two panels that make a 90 degree connection. I'm trying out some ideas, and should be able to show some in-progress photos in the near future. I've already thought about making interlock sections, to easily make bigger walls if I need some, but thanks for your input anyway, cheers!!

dsc.
 _GOTOTOP