_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T-55a headin to the Kremlin
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 12:24 PM UTC
My first Sovet vehicle. Tamiya's great T-55a kit . Only added a barrel depot tube to an otherwise OOB. Left her all shiny and added the white trim so it can particiapate in a May Day parade. Might have to build some more of these if they can come out with a high quality T-62 and T-72 kit
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 12:31 PM UTC
Steve
Looks great How are the kit tracks to get a good sag? It looks like the front part of the tracks could sit down better Also how is the kit overall?
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 09:16 PM UTC
I loved the kit. It was easy to build....very straight forward directions...you had several options and these were well defined in the diections. I found the parts had excellent fit. I liked the new vinyl tracks that now work with regular cement. As to track sag.....one thing that modelers tend to REALLY OVERDO is track sag. If they sagged as much as most modelers portray them, they would fall off. For driving on a hard surface like a road, you would have them fairly stiff. It ain't know fun throwing a track, especially in the field. Each track block weighs around 40 lbs. And all the end connectors and center guides you have to take apart and rebolt. Sorry brings back some bad memories. I wa lucky, we never threw one, but we did break track in the motor pool several times to remove bad blocks
 _GOTOTOP