Hosted by Darren Baker
Tell me what you think?
Probuilder
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 59 posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 04:24 AM UTC
This is the 1st time I have ever posted a picture and would like members critique or suggestions.

Probuilder
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 04:27 AM UTC
Needless to say it is not Braile scale and the pictures did not load(not good at it yet ) Please check the "My Photo's) portion for the real good pics. thanks
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 04:34 AM UTC
I checked out your photos and I like what I see. the worn patched seat covers and the dirty grimy under hood is a very nice touch of realism. The weathering is first class. Bravo and three cheers
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 04:35 AM UTC
You have you thumbnail picture linked. Open the full size picture and repeat the process and you'll have full sized pictures in your post.
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 987 posts
Armorama: 444 posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 04:43 AM UTC
I very much liked what I saw, Probuilder. Nice touch on the inside of the jeep's hood.
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 2,220 posts
Armorama: 1,707 posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 05:35 AM UTC
Pro,

Looks pretty good to me. I too really like the under hood mess!

Some things that I noted (These are ment to be CONSTRUCTIVE in nature, not an insult to your build and finish.):

1. There seems to be a bit of a gloss shine to the whole thing, is this the flash or does it need a shot of dullcoat?

2. Its hard to tell from the quality of the photos, but it appears you have some woodtones on the metal handle of the shovel.

3. You have dirt on the running board but absolutly none under the fenders and on the frame.

4. The under hood is a mess, but the engine and rest of the under hood area is clean.

Love the subject thanks for sharing!

John
rv1963
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Armorama: 315 posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 05:36 AM UTC
I like your jeep alot i like how you used different shades of green on all the stowage to break up the OD, i also agree i like the under stains very nice job i may have to try a jeep myself.
liberator
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,086 posts
Armorama: 783 posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 05:39 AM UTC
very nice..the gears,MG and stuff are nice..superb weathering. i like the engine..really unclean. thanks.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 06:18 AM UTC
Very nice build! Well detailed with a lot of little things to look at, like the letters on the passenger's seat.
Couple things...
A little more dust on the tires would blend them in more, they look pretty clean for the worn appearance of the jeep. I start with Flloquil's grimy black, a very dark gray for tires which allows for shadows/lowlights as well as highlights and has a more weathered rubber look.
You might want to consider a darker brown on the rifle strap; this will give more diferentiation between the strap and the stock.
Lastly, in the second picture, it looks like there's nothing to hold the rifle in its carrier when the windshield is raised. (This could be an accurate representation of the prototype making me show my own ignorance of the original.)
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 06:34 AM UTC
There were Spaces in the Original Code..... All fixed now.....
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 07:01 AM UTC
That's a really good effort with a lot of well thought out detail work. Apart from the other points shouldn't there be a couple of support bars for the wire-cutter on the bumper? Using them would have meant a bit of work to get the stowage there but it would have been worth it.
Probuilder
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 05:18 PM UTC
Thanks one and all for the Critique and Fixing my posting Photo's. Some reponses to the critiques. I pulled most of the reference info off of google and some showed metal handeled shovels and some wood the same with the Wire cutter bar some photo's showed 2 angled braces some just the upright (probably the "in the Field" learning curve ) I ran out of my Grimey black I'm afraid ( I love that shade) and my dull coat must have been old as it would not dull down enough after 2 coats. Ya know I never even thought about a strap to hold that rifle in it's carrier? but thanks to all of you for your honesty

During my Google search I found A 6 wheeled jeep and the kits for creating it just arrived sooo....
 _GOTOTOP