Hosted by Darren Baker
1/72 French Cafe
Matrix
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 528 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 05:46 PM UTC
Here are some pics of my French cafe I built in 1/72 scale.

Any comments welcome.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 09:33 PM UTC
Nice paint work Matrix.
However if you permit one comment, the French cafes generally have a large window enabling the customers inside to chat about what they see out

You could add a sign with the cafe name like Chez Bébert or some like that sounding French. Some painted ads were often seen on the walls at this period of time (WW2 if I'm right ?).

Despite the (help I hope) comments, your work is excellent keeping in mind this is 1:72 scale. Impressive.

Keep on posting what I guess is intended for a dio.

olivier
BillyBishop
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 347 posts
Armorama: 167 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 04:40 AM UTC
Hi Matrix. I like the building. I think you can Frenchify it as mentioned above.

What I want to know is a little bit of info on how you built it what paints you used etc?

I am going to do some 1/72 - 1/76 table top gaming and I am in need in buildings etc.

Cheers, Michael
ukgeoff
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,007 posts
Armorama: 703 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 05:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What I want to know is a little bit of info on how you built it what paints you used etc?

Unless I miss my guess, I'd say the building was made using the Linka mould system. You can find more info about this method here Linka World
Matrix
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 528 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 07:02 AM UTC
Thanks for the comments and tips guys....im not finished with it yet and will frenchify it more soon. The paint i used is plain old acrilics. BillyBishop, ukgeoff is right i built this building from the linka systems molds. They work great and have great detail. If you want you can tell me what kind of buildings you need and i can build them for you. PM me if you are interested.
 _GOTOTOP