_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
New Groups selection when posting...
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 03:23 AM UTC
Some of you may have noted the new "Select Group" function when posting a new topic. The full functionality of this feature is not yet in place, but I figured we might as well get some of the current posts into groups while I am working on this.

Also I need input as to what groups might be good for the various main forums. I have added some for Armor already. Please give me your suggestions for more there or elsewhere.

example page

Thanks,
Jim

PS: In case you have missed prior posts on this, the "groups" association will allow for you to filter in or out the topics you find noteworthy. So for instance if you have no interest in Braille Scale topics you can filter them out. Or if you only have an interest in them you can display only those topics that are associated to that group. Not all posts need to be in a group.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 03:00 AM UTC
I updated the Forums pages to show what progress I have made on this project to date. It's about 50% there. Please let me know if you have any feedback (good or bad).

Thanks,
Jim
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 03:13 AM UTC
Easy to navigate and I like the check boxes indicating new posts since the member's last visit.

Gunnie
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 03:57 AM UTC
Gunnie,
Hehe...those have been there for a month or more. You are a latest topics page guy aren't ya?

I was talking about this page:
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=PostBoard&file=index&req=viewforum&forum_id=5&page=1

Cheers,
Jim
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 04:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Gunnie,
Hehe...those have been there for a month or more. You are a latest topics page guy aren't ya?

I was talking about this page:
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=PostBoard&file=index&req=viewforum&forum_id=5&page=1

Cheers,
Jim

I sure am, er, wuz....

Ohhhh - I like this one...

Gunnie
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,561 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 08:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You are a latest topics page guy aren't ya?

Who isn't?

:-)

With the new forum categorization I can still set the 'latest posts' page to show all thopics, right? I never know when something will catch my interest....

YodaMan
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 01:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

With the new forum categorization I can still set the 'latest posts' page to show all thopics, right? I never know when something will catch my interest....

YodaMan

Actually if you are not "opted-in" on the off-topic forums (except TV & Movies) you will not see them on the Latest Posts page. At least I hope it's working that way.

But other wise the Latest Post page will probably remain the same. I might add a field for the group association and then you would be able to click that link and see all the recent topics in that group too.

Jim
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 01:33 PM UTC
Oops....forgot I was out dressed as my alter ego. #:-)

Jim
 _GOTOTOP