_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Zvezda T-72A
woodstock74
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,189 posts
Armorama: 692 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 03:18 PM UTC
I just received my eBay purchased Zvezda T-72A. I note that 3 of the drive wheel/sprocket pegs are sheared off on the lower main hull. I've attempted a repair, but it is both the front drive pegs (left and right) that have sheared and there is very little surface area to effect a strong and proper repair so in essence the repair is only cosmetic and will easily (and has) break again. Has anyone ever had any luck contacting Zvezda's sprue service? I've been all over their site and I don't see one but I did shoot an email into them hoping...
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 09:38 PM UTC
Hi Woodstock,
it seems it is an habit from Zvezda as I got the same problem.
I didn't fix it yet but generally I use Trichlorethylen to moisten the plastic contact areas and when nearly dry I put a drop of superglue on one part and bond both together.
The result is as hard as the orginal part. You'll see a white depot resulting from the chemical reaction between the both products. It's easy to remove by a smooth sanding.

Hope this helps
olivier
Chief
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 498 posts
Armorama: 193 posts
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2005 - 09:25 AM UTC
Mike,
Try drilling a hole in both the axle and hull and super glue or epoxy a short piece of brass wire to re-enforce the joint. it worked on my Jagdpanther front axle. HTH
Chief
 _GOTOTOP