_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
King Tiger barrel help
Folgore
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 07:10 AM UTC
I'm looking at the different metal barrels I could buy for a King Tiger w/ Porsche turret I am planning to do. There are quite a few options. I have not bought an AM barrel before and don't know anything about the different brands. I also don't know which ones will work with a Porsche turret. Below are all my options with prices in $CDN.

EDUARD
ED34003 King Tiger Barrel - 18.98
ED34004 King Tiger Barrel (Improved) - 18.98

JORDI RUBIO
JR35006 GERMAN 8.8cm TIGER II - 11.99

HOT BARRELS
HB35047 8.8 cm KwK 43/2 L/71, Zimmerit & Muzzle for Pz. Kpfw. IV King Tiger-Porsche Turret - 18.09
HB35048 8.8 cm KwK 43/3 L/71, Zimmerit & Muzzle for King Tiger-Porsche Turret - 18.09
HB35049 8.8 cm KwK 43/3 L/71, Mantlet & Muzzle for King Tiger-Porsche Turret - 18.09
HB35050 8.8 cm KwK 43/3L/71, Mantlet & Muzzle for King Tiger-Porsche Turret - 18.09

ELEFANT
EL35391 88mm KwK 43 L/71 Kingtiger Porsche Barrel (TA) - 11.70

ARMO
ARM35737 King Tiger w/Porsche turret - 13.45
ARM35738 King Tiger w/Porsche turret (early version with KwK 43/II gun) - 13.45

I might also note that the picture I am looking at for the King Tiger I want to replicate has a two-part barrel as opposed to the one that comes with the Tamiya kit.

Nic
Oberst
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 851 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 07:48 AM UTC
Internet Hobbies Yahoo! Store

Jordi Rubio 1/35 German 8.8 cm kwk 43/2/L71 (w/Muzzle Brake)

$ 7.99

Replacement barrel for:

Jagdpanzer Early
Tiger II (Porsche)
Elephant
-------------------------------
Jordi Rubio Barrels are quite good and are the only ones I use. To see a pic of the barrel, go to:
http://www.internethobbies.com/internethobbies/jorrub135ger5.html

Hope this helps,
Andrew
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 09:00 AM UTC
Have to agree on Jordio. Have the Sherman and King tiger barrel on the way. plus a few others laying around
Folgore
Visit this Community
Canada
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 11:29 AM UTC
It appears Jordi Rubio only makes one version of King Tiger barrel. Is this the one I am looking for? Once again, what I'm after appears to be a two-part barrel for a Porsche turret. Any King Tiger experts out there?

Nic
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 08:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It appears Jordi Rubio only makes one version of King Tiger barrel. Is this the one I am looking for? Once again, what I'm after appears to be a two-part barrel for a Porsche turret. Any King Tiger experts out there?

Nic

I checked the site and it said for Porsche Tiger do you have the porsche turret one or Henschel ?

Also have you seen the barrel store herehttp://www.bentbutnotbroken.com/Barrels.htm hot barrels have one of them not bad plus they are in Canada
this one Porsche
Folgore
Visit this Community
Canada
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 12:28 AM UTC
sgtreef--The Barrel Store is where I pulled all those options and prices off in my first post. I always go through him for aftermarket stuff.
After doing some research, I have determined that the Jordi Rubio one is indeed the version I am looking for (Porsche King Tigers were fitted with two different types of barrels).
My question now is entirely on quality. It appears Hot Barrels come with the mantlet. I imagine the others are designed to fit properly with Tamiya's mantlet. There appears to be quite a variation between price, so what's better: Eduard Barrels, Jordi Rubio, Hot Barrels, Elefant, or Armo?

Thanks,

Nic
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 08:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

sgtreef--The Barrel Store is where I pulled all those options and prices off in my first post. I always go through him for aftermarket stuff.
After doing some research, I have determined that the Jordi Rubio one is indeed the version I am looking for (Porsche King Tigers were fitted with two different types of barrels).
My question now is entirely on quality. It appears Hot Barrels come with the mantlet. I imagine the others are designed to fit properly with Tamiya's mantlet. There appears to be quite a variation between price, so what's better: Eduard Barrels, Jordi Rubio, Hot Barrels, Elefant, or Armo?

Thanks,

Nic

Thats a tough one to answer Nic as I have not used or seen Eduard barrels but have seen and have Jordio, Hot barrels which if I am not mistaken has made a few barrels to short so maybe a search is in order have you tried the missing links site and did a advanced search at that www.network54 site thing. (:-)
 _GOTOTOP