Hosted by Darren Baker
Dark Side finally got me
peacekeeper
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 715 posts
Armorama: 297 posts
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2005 - 08:41 AM UTC
Well, it finally happened. I got sucked into the Dark Side and got the Hasegawa 1/72 Karl morser (#2 son thought it looked cool)

Now I need to know if there are any tricks, tips, pitfalls with this kit, or should I just add it to the stash and give it to him as payback :-)
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 03:18 AM UTC
It is a pretty good kit, except for the tracks (no detail on inner surface). I've been trying to find out if there are any 1/35 scale tracks that look similar enough to the 1/72 scale tracks to swap out.

Which version do you have? Hasegawa makes two versions. The first one is mounted on the railway car and the other version is on tracks and comes with a munitionspanzer.

Eduard now makes photo etched sets for both variants, #22058 is the railway one and #22059 is the tracked version. Eduard also makes a PE set for the munitionspanzer (#22065). I do not know if the munitionspanzer detail set comes with PE tracks or not. The Hasegawa panzer IV tracks are one sided as well and need to be replaced. Either take them from a better panzer IV (like Italeri or Revell) or purchase the ExtraTech PE set for panzer IV tracks is 72028.

P.S. a more specific subject title may have caught my eye a little quicker.
peacekeeper
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 715 posts
Armorama: 297 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 09:39 AM UTC
Rob

It's the railway variant. I haven't even opened it yet...that will have to wait until after Op Canuck Steel, but then I'm clearing the desk and getting out my most powerful magnifiers and having a go at it.

I've been looking at the PE for it...might take the plunge and try my first set.
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,315 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 11:27 AM UTC
Hi, I picked up this kit here a year or so ago, and even though I don't care for the 1/72 scale too much, I thought it built out to a pretty cool kit, all in all. I think you will be pleased with it.

Then it's just one step up to one of the Trumpeter's Morser Karl's in 1/35. Ha, ha!

Take care, Sgirty
 _GOTOTOP