_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Softskins
Softskins group discussions.
Hosted by Darren Baker
MACK tank Transporter measurements needed.
Tozo
Visit this Community
Województwo Bialostockie, Poland
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, April 04, 2005 - 07:55 PM UTC
I greet friends!
I build the model of lorry MACK, tanks transporter. I collected a lot of photo this the lorry. Unfortunately, I did not find the dimensions of lorry MACK DM 800, or MACK 895.
Or someone can it knows these dimensions?
I ask about help very.
Tomek
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 09:25 PM UTC
Tomek perhaps if you post a photo of the truck you want information on it may jog peoples memories.

welcome to the big A by the way I hope you enjoy our community.
gckpa2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 73 posts
Armorama: 43 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 10:59 PM UTC
Hi Tomek,
I work at a Mack dealership in Pittsburgh Pa.
Email me with your information and I'll send you spec sheets on the Mack DM800. It's no longer in production but I should be able to come up with basic chassis dimensions. It may take a few days so hang in there.
Tozo
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 01:57 AM UTC
Hi!
Beautiful...

I apologize very, I passed the number of lorry bad. Number this is on this side

http://www.mheaust.com.au/IDF/Research/TT/IDFTankt.htm

Author made a mistake probably because it seemed to me that this Mack is -600, or Mack -700. This are lorries which interest me:

Mack R-600

http://www.burkestrucks.com/photos/Cranes/mack/gallery/mack_b_Full.jpg

Mack R-700

http://photobucket.com/albums/y94/Tozo/?action=view¤t=mack_r_600.jpg

I gree
Tomek
gckpa2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 08:07 AM UTC
That appears to be a R600 with an aftermarket sleeper box added, Mack did not build that model with a sleeper. If you want I can get you what you need.Just let me know what dimensions you want and I'll take care of it for you.
Tozo
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 06:23 PM UTC
I thank Gary.
Necessary the length, width and height of lorry is me.

Gary, Mack 700, tank transporting, she had not cabin to sleeping. Windlass for cabin was.
I gree
Tomek
gckpa2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 09:34 PM UTC
OK Tomek, I will get spec sheets as soon as possible for you. Take Care, I will be in touch.
Note: Condolences on your fellow countryman John Paul.
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 10:04 PM UTC
Tomek, I don't know if you would be interested, but I know where you can lay your hands on a brand new 1/24, or 25 one of them two scales, but it's an AMT DM 800 Mack for $40.00 bucks US, and they have it in stock right now.

Kerry
Tozo
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, April 08, 2005 - 03:44 AM UTC
I thank.
I draw the plans of lorry now. Obviously the meringues of correc sizes, "circa", the plus - the minus.
Kenny, I want to build this from bases' oneself. This is more interesting.

I thank for condolence...This was Great Our Father.

Tomek
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Friday, April 08, 2005 - 11:21 PM UTC
Tomek I'm glad your planning to build your own, it is alway good to see another scratch builder, that Dm800 will be the easiest with the square hood design, but all them Mack's have the same cabs just about, outside of the day cab, or half cab on some of them, and I think that is what that Dm800 model had that I was telling you about.

It was the revival from the old model that went OOP and every now and then they make so many of them, and this is what this place is, it is that DM800 Mack that had the stars and strips of the US all over it for decals, that may jog some memory's of some of the older modelers.

Now if you get the cab built for the R model, then you have the cab built for the Super liner also, and the Dm800 full cab, cause like I said Mack sticks with an idea, the only difference is their half cabs, and of course their hoods, or for Cliffs benefit Bonnets are all different, which distinguish them from one another

Then you go to the CH then the cabs changed quite a bit I believe the door on the CH will fit the cab-over, it sure seems like it, but this I'm not sure.
Kerry
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2005 - 12:45 AM UTC
Tomasz, I don't know what you mean by the measurements, if your looking at the lengths, it all depends on what length you want, or when they give you a measurement of a twin screw tractor, wheel base, the length will be from the center on the steering axle, to the middle of both drive axles.

Why I don't know, like mine is a 216" wheelbase CH Mack, and the only way you can come up with that measurement, is doing it like I said. Now all the trucks in the U.S. are measured this way for the wheelbase, and I think they go in 6" increments either way, so you can have a 210"

Cause them R models don't have a setback axle like the CH does, so it will need a longer wheelbase just to appear the same, even though they didn't have a sleeper like mine has either, cause I got a 60" sleeper I had to make room for on the fifth wheel, I could of went with a 210" wheelbase, but that would of put me right next to the trailer.

Now I would haft to stop and think how to order a truck with a front axle set forward, cause that changes how the fifth-wheel will be, and the weight transfer.

See I pull a van trailer, and I didn't want to be to far away that the wind deflectors wouldn't work, for fuel economy, or to close that when you turn, you would crush one of the side wind deflectors in a corner.

Kerry
gckpa2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 08:25 AM UTC
Hi Tomasz,
Sorry this is taking so long but I had to get to a different department than I am used to dealing with and didn't really know anyone, so had to rely on a couple friends who owe me favors. Any way I have a set of specs coming that should be what you need. As Kerry mentioned you'll have to decide what final configuration you want but this will be the key dimensions ( at least I'm pretty sure they are) you'll need to lay a complete chassis out. I should have everything by the first of next week and I'll be back in touch when I have them ready to send. I'm assuming you're still interested?
Till Then,
Gary
 _GOTOTOP