Hosted by Darren Baker
Ursus A-30 information required
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 09:18 PM UTC
Hi folk. I have started a 'S' models Polish Army Ursus A-30 tank transporter truck as pictured below.

Trouble is while it is a well detailed kit done in resin and vac-form it is a bit short on where on the chassis rails the spring hangers go etc.

So can anyone help with some details please?

I would also like to know what colors this vehicle should be for 1939 period preferably in humbrol numbers please.

Cheers
Cliff
PiotrS
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 199 posts
Armorama: 174 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 09:49 PM UTC
Polish truck on your workbench? Great news! Are you going to build one of tankettes too?
I'll check my books but good, detailed photos of polish pre-war equipment are very rare. I'm not sure if any of this trucks surviwed in museums but now can't confirm it because Poland is in mouring due to Pope's death and all museums are closed. Next week I should know more.
Colors are subject of neverending discussions on polish forums, almost all vehicles were destroyed or repainted so there's no confirmed color set. This year on the market appeared new paints form Agama company which are described as real wartime colors but as usual many people thinks they are not accurate :-)
Base color for all vehicles was khaki. It looks very close to US olive drab but of course it's not the same. Some softskins were also painted in 3 color camo like 7TP in my gallery. Now I don't know humbrol equivalents but I'll try to find them.

Piotr
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 10:38 PM UTC
hi Big bro,
you know I am not into trucks as much as you but I made a search on that and found 2 websites on Ursus A-30.
http://www.autogallery.org.ru/ursus.htm
http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/pol/OtherPolish.htm see bottom

Besides this, I learned that Polish armoured car wz. 29 is built using modified and strengthened commercial chassis of Ursus "A" 2-ton truck maybe this info can help.

best regards
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 10:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Polish truck on your workbench? Great news! Are you going to build one of tankettes too?
Piotr

Piotr, I would like to build a Polish Tankette to go on it as a load but I cannot afford to purchase one at the moment. The Truck kit was a gift and has been sitting on my shelf for some time and I just decided it was time to do it. Also I am sorry to say that I thought it was a russian truck until I read the instructions.

This is a nice kit as far as detail goes but the lack of mounting lugs for some parts is a bit of a pain.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me on this one

Engin my friend thank you for the web site addresses. One of which I had not seen before.
 _GOTOTOP