_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Track Colors
Oberst
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 851 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 28, 2002 - 08:42 AM UTC
I was wondering what Tamiya acrylics I should mix together to get a good color for my Panther tracks.
Thanks,
Andrew

sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 28, 2002 - 09:07 AM UTC
Their was a good article in FSM about one month ago on this. I will check and get back to you Tomorrow (:-)

If I remember it wsa blue and black then after drying a rust was applied then a little rust was added to basic color then a finial drr brushing of steel.

When I find it you want a scan sent to you? Pm me if so
Tanks46
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 113 posts
Armorama: 98 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 11:01 AM UTC
That was an excellent article from FSM. I used part of the method to paint the tracks on a Matchbox Challenger 1MK3. I utilized the base color which was black with a dark blue your choice to get like a color more blue then black. I then altered it from there since the challenger has rubber pads etc. The next step was to take rust and black or a rust like brown mix it and thin it with alcohol, then as mentioned a dry brushing with both the base color and a steel I believe. Anyway, I believe the whole system is good. In fact I did several kits tracks that I have pending with the base and then will complete the system for the steel tracks or adjust accordingly. I believe it is definitely worth a try!

Quoted Text

Mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy

_GOTOTOP