_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Komsomoletsh T-20 blueprint?
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,088 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2002 - 05:57 PM UTC
Morjens!
Im looking for blueprints for a Komsomoletsh T-20 armored tractor.
I want to show the vehicle with the back covered. Its some sort of shelter made of tent canvas. The problem is that I dont have any preferences on the construction of that.

Any help is much appreciated!

Toni
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2002 - 07:38 PM UTC
Have you tried here they might have one if you email and ask nicley maybe they will let you have a go.
http://www.battlefield.ru/map.html

Cause actually it is also A Russian Nuclear Submarine
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 760 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2002 - 07:46 PM UTC
Toni,

I have some stuff on the T-20. I will let you know if I have what you are looking for. I doubt it though because there isn't much out there on that beastie. Are you planning to build the AER kit?
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2002 - 07:51 PM UTC
Yeah Adam, Im gonna give it a try...Its a bad kit I know but if it just wont work out Ill use it as a part of my "motti" diorama with a LOT of Russian armor lying around, blown up...
Covered with snow, of course. I have a great pic of this theme showing T-20s but its hard to tell the structure of that tent cover from that photo...

Ill also try the russian battlefield...
Thanks for the tip sgtreef!

Toni
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2002 - 08:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yeah Adam, Im gonna give it a try...Its a bad kit I know but if it just wont work out Ill use it as a part of my "motti" diorama with a LOT of Russian armor lying around, blown up...

No, it certainly isn't the greatest kit, but as far as I know it is the ONLY kit of the T-20. I have one lying around at home waiting for me to build it. I even have a nice Modelkasten white metal DT machine gun to replace the stick that comes with the kit and a set of Modelkasten Komsomylets single link tracks as well. With a bunch of TLC it can be made into a nice kit. Make sure to replace that machine gun with something though. It is terrible just like the T-38 kit of theirs. Speaking of the T-38 kit, how is yours coming along? I have mine mostly done except that I need to add some rivets that got sanded off during the build and then I can begin painting it. I will have to post some pics in the rivet review board forum for you to see.
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2002 - 08:37 PM UTC
Adam, I found a nice white metal DT MG from a Finnish manufacturer Wiking Models! I also bought another one for my T-38!
I havent started those kits yet but soon will! As you may know Im shortly starting the first diorama for my book and there are many preparations to do before I can go on with it. I have to have the documentation consistent from the very beginning!
This occupied me for the last three evenings:

Toni
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2002 - 08:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

As you may know Im shortly starting the first diorama for my book and there are many preparations to do before I can go on with it. I have to have the documentation consistent from the very beginning!

I must be out of the loop on this one. What book are you writing?

That figure looks great!
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2002 - 08:47 PM UTC
Check it here:

Tonis book project

BTW. I just realized there was a tiny drawing in the T-20 instruction sheet showing the "tent" thing covering the back of the truck...

Toni
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,416 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2002 - 09:31 PM UTC
Toni,

I believe that I have a few (?) photo-copied photos of the T-20 with the rear cover on. I'll look when I get home, (I do have school tonight) so give me a day or two to find them. (I hope that I can!) I know for sure that I don't have any drawings of the T-20.

PM me your email address and I'll scan what I have (again, if I can find them) off to you in the next couple of days. I'll let you know one way or the other...

Thanks,
Kevin Keefe
Mortars in Miniature
 _GOTOTOP