_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Help w/British WW 2 tank stowage
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Friday, April 15, 2005 - 01:26 PM UTC
Does anyone have any pics of typical British tank stowage from the European campaign? I need some good pics if possible Also what colors they were I would like to add some stuff for my Cromwell ARV

Also what type of jerry cans were typical for British tanks? Thanks for all help
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Friday, April 15, 2005 - 06:00 PM UTC
Hi Chad,
The few pics of this vehicle that google could come up with don't show any external stowage other than the tools and gear needed for the ARV.
I suppose that becasue the crews of ARVs mostly had the luxury of not being front line troops they didn't live in their vehicles like combat tankers would.
Most British designed tanks don't seem to have accumulated all the extra gear that US tanks did. Stowage for the crews personal effects was provided inside the vehicle; and even on Shermans etc. external 'extras' seem to be limited to tarp, nets and spare wheels + tracks. If extra space was needed then very often they'd weld on spare bins, and this can be seen in some Cromwell gun tank pics - boxes/bins on the turret sides.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, April 15, 2005 - 08:44 PM UTC
Hi Chad. I bought a set of Accurate Armour British stowage a while back and can really recommend them. It includes the typical "flimsy" type cans already in little racks that can placed directly on a mud-guard. Also high quality bedrolls, camo nets rolled, ammo cans and typical british metal crates. Would be ideal for your cromwell.

As far as resin accessories go, the price is fairly good.

link to actual item ontheir homepage
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
Armorama: 1,458 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2005 - 02:03 AM UTC
I think Verlinden makes a Brit AFV stowage package,can't remember the # tho.USA style jerry cans were also used along with the flimsy containers.
cheers
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 09:16 AM UTC
Thanks for the replies gents I may add a jerrycan or two and make up a tarp Just to add a bit to the ARV version
 _GOTOTOP