Hosted by Darren Baker
M151s and M38's, pics anyone?
Joker
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 813 posts
Armorama: 522 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2005 - 01:26 AM UTC
Wondering if there are any sites or images out there showing these two vehicles. I drove both when I was with the BCR's ( in the 80's) but well, it was a long time ago and my brain ain't what it used to be, so I need some photo reference.
The M38 seems to be fairly well documented but I can't or don't seem to remember the roll bar kit used on the M151.Any advice? Where the vehicles kited out as per U.S. spec?
Love to get these done for Canuck Steel.
Cheers
Joker
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2005 - 02:38 AM UTC
Here's one on M151's. Enjoy. Also, see if you can find Warmachines #14, 1/4 Ton M151 "MUTT" by Verlinden and Peters. Lots of M151's in MERDC colors and one in 3 color Euro camo.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2005 - 02:39 AM UTC
Google searches give pages upon pages of photos.

M151

M151A1

M151a2

M38
rfeehan
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 727 posts
Armorama: 648 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2005 - 03:34 AM UTC
I was in the PEIR and I am also building an M38 (hav e been collecting information and parts for a while). I used to have but lost in a move the SOP for where to store all the kit.

The only thing I can offer up is I do have I think somewhere on one of my PCs 2 or 3 pics of a couple of M38s on exercise. They aren't great but I will try and find them and post them to my gallery this weekend.

*edit I found them and uploaded them so go here.

http://photos.kitmaker.net/showgallery.php?cat=14429
Joker
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2005 - 09:23 AM UTC
Thanks for all the info, I meant to put this in the Canadian armour section as the antenna position maybe different.
A buddy of mine told me about a Army vehicle re-enactors group iand I'll get in touch with them. I'll see if I can get some shots of some restored vehicles.
Thanks for all you help
Peter
peacekeeper
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 715 posts
Armorama: 297 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2005 - 09:52 AM UTC
Rob

The terrain looks familiar....is that beautiful, downtown Gagtown? (spelling error intentional)
rfeehan
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 727 posts
Armorama: 648 posts
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2005 - 01:50 AM UTC
No but you are close. That is lovely rural Prince Edward Island, we did 99% of our field work close to home with us usually heading to Gagetown in the fall for a 3 day guncamp to weapon qualify. Our final exercise each spring back then was usually in Nova Scotia someplace.

If anyone can tell me where the radio was (driver or crew commanders side) I would be greatfull I can't see it in those pictures and I can not remember where we had them at all. It just isn't coming to me too many dead brain cells.

If anyone wants to ask me specific questions (other than the radio thing lol) please ask away or email me and I will do my best to answer or find out. Lots of little details to making a good representation of a Recce jeep like the plywood insert we fitted over the folded windshield to prevent breakage.

Oh by the way... there was no roll bar on any of our 151s I forgot to add that to my first reply.

Rob
Joker
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 01:14 PM UTC
Thanks to all who replied, I've asked my old regiment if I can pour through the archives and see if I can scrounge up some photos. Haven't heard back yet, so I'll post later on if I've got the goods.
Cheers
Joker
Pedro
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 1,208 posts
Armorama: 1,023 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 01:18 AM UTC
Some photos of restored m151 and m38 can be found on this site:
http://www.carnut.com/photo/list/m/_milm.html

Happy modeling:-H
Pedro