_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
38t road wheel replacements
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2002 - 04:46 AM UTC
Does anyone know if there are 38t road wheel sets are available? I'm looking to replace the ones on my SiG33 (DML)and Italeri Hetzer The ones in those kits have no detail on the backside I thought Fruil Model made a set I checked on the great model site 2 days ago and nothing came up Thanks in advance
Chad #:-)
ukgeoff
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,007 posts
Armorama: 703 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 12:29 AM UTC
I've just found an article in Military in Scale, about the early Dragon Hetzer. The guy who made the kit replaced his wheels with some from Chesapeake Model Designs. They apparently do two sets, early & late.
mkctanker
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 36 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 03:10 AM UTC
Maquette puts out a nice set of wheels in plastic, I have bought several sets on e-bay.
The track, drive and return hubs also come with it but one of my sets had several poorly molded spots. But the wheels were great and molded in detail on both sides. The kits were fairly cheap as well.
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 01:11 PM UTC
mkctanker how are the tracks in the Maqutte kit? I saw that set on the squadron site Pretty cheap price Also are the road wheels late or early?
Chad
mkctanker
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 36 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 - 02:40 PM UTC
I read in a model mag that the wheels in the Ital. 38t are the same as in their Hetzer kit. The Hetzer had wheels 10% larger than the other versions such as the Marder series, even the Dragon Bison kit has the smaller wheels. However they aren't detailed on the back either. As for the track in the Maquette kit, they look alright but I have not tried them as yet. I used the rubber band track in the Ital. kit because I did not want to switch the drive and return hubs. However as I said before there were some mold problems with one of the kits I got, about 25% of the track were bad. But this is not so surprising with eastern Europe kits, you just take the chance. So the wheels are early the tracks are ify.

mkctanker

"Boys, too many boys!" Battle of the Bulge (movie)

_GOTOTOP