_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
New site banners???
ThomasB
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 762 posts
Armorama: 323 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 06:51 AM UTC
I was just checking the "link to us" section for banners to put on my own webpage as a link to Armorama, but the one that I liked felt kinda outdated. It said 4500+ members. Ok, if you aren't to picky, 7000 is 4500+, but anyway.

So, is there any photoshop wizard that could make some new ones???

Just a thought.
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 07:55 AM UTC
I'll see what I can do. I have been playing around with PhotoShop for a year or so and have made numerous items including two medals for campaigns as well as my own banner (my most notable contributions to the site). With finals coming up in two weeks, it will not have too much time, but contrary to the popular belief of my friends, I do have a life outside of school, so I should have so time within the next week.

Jeff
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2005 - 07:16 AM UTC
Here is one I modified.

It is just a modernized version of the old one. I updated the statistics for it and with his kind permission, added riversphynxz's 1/72 Bradley that is OnDisplay right now. I am going to find out who to talk with to make this an official banner. Until then I'd wait on using it.

Jeff
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2005 - 07:29 AM UTC
I have updated the gallery so that 60 pixel high images can be uploaded. I ran into that trouble today.

I would still prefer however that banners be hosted off-site so we don't tax the server, etc.

Nice job btw. I have that file in a psd format and will probably update it this weekend. But definately keep the ideas coming.

Cheers,
Jim
Cougar
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 266 posts
Armorama: 94 posts
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2005 - 08:39 AM UTC
Looks cool, Jeff

Cougar
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2005 - 10:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have updated the gallery so that 60 pixel high images can be uploaded. I ran into that trouble today.

I would still prefer however that banners be hosted off-site so we don't tax the server, etc.

Nice job btw. I have that file in a psd format and will probably update it this weekend. But definately keep the ideas coming.

Cheers,
Jim

In response to this I have one question:
When you say "off-site" do you have any suggestions as to where could put them? Would the MSN group site be a good idea?

Thanks for the advice. I am thinking up of a couple, but finals week (one could argue it should be renamed finals month) is in the next week or two, so don't expect much.

Jeff
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2005 - 11:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

In response to this I have one question:
When you say "off-site" do you have any suggestions as to where could put them? Would the MSN group site be a good idea?

Yes. As a matter of fact there is a group album setup there for just that. This way you don't have to have an album of your own (because sometimes we hit the max and non are available). So (for everyone) don't create your own album just to upload 1 banner...it's a waste.

Cheers,
Jim
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2005 - 11:20 AM UTC
Thanks. I am a member of MSN's group, but have yet to upload my images.

Jeff
Cougar
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 266 posts
Armorama: 94 posts
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2005 - 12:48 PM UTC
You could also upload to Photobucket.

I think they allow you to keep up to 50Mb of pictures. Which is a lot when you consider that most pics are roundabout the 100Kb mark

Cougar
 _GOTOTOP