_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Tamiya Schwimmwagen
leogunner
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 - 08:46 AM UTC
I'm about halfway through completeing the Tamiya schwimmwagen, and have been doing some extra detailing mostly with copper wire. Any body have any useful detailing tips for this kit? For that matter does any one have any suggestions on painting it?
I' wondering if i should paint the base coat before I attach the top and bottom as I'm not sure I'll be able to get at all of it once I put it together. Any suggestions are appreciated. #:-)
Digger
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 94 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 - 10:49 AM UTC
Hi,

I've almost finished painting mine. Their was a discussion I strted on this topic last week so you shouldn't have to scroll back too far to find it. I assembled the whole kit before painting and didn't have too amny problems. I gave mine an undercoat of panzer grey before coating in yellow (Testors). However, I had to recoat it as the grey came through more than I wanted. I did my camo in green, the floorboards in wood, the seats in german grey, the hood in khaki. I've left the propellar grey and will dry brush some silver or aluminium or steel to show some knocks etc. I wan't happy with the wheels so I sent a separate post on painting tyres.

Good luck - I hope you enjoy making yours as much as I've enjoyed mine. I plan to put mine on a small dio with a stone wall and Tamyia's French farmer handing his wine to a soldier whilst the driver sits at the wheel. I was thinking of calling it "Collaborator".

Cheers
Digger
 _GOTOTOP