_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
More Discussion Group Banners
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 04:27 AM UTC
Here is the latest batch of banners

Soviet Armor

Modern figures featuring the models of Pete Becerra (Epi) on the left and Mario Matijasic (Maki), right:

British Aircraft - WWII featuring Mike Still's Spitfire:

Modern US Aircraft

Rotary Wings (aircraft DG) featuring Mother's newly finished CH-46:

Comments, questions, suggestions are welcomed and encouraged. More to come, so look here for the latest banners.

Jeff
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 05:01 AM UTC
Great work Jeff!!
Beautifull banners! I like the Sovjet Armour best!
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 07:36 AM UTC
Thanks Paul. I have a graphics designer and good friend giving me pointers, so this is not all me. I really appreciate the praise (even the criticism), but when I see my banner being used by a member (Guntruck banner by Animal) and knowing these banners are being seen by so many people across the world, I can't help but just smile . It is an awesome feeling!

Also, FAUST and John17, if you see this, feel free to post your banners here too as a central point so Jim does not have to look everywhere for the banners .

Jeff
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 08:17 AM UTC
Hey Jeff,

I know, it's fun to do and double fun when others use them. I've made the banners for the Walcheren Campaign and the Spahwagen Abteilung Campaign.
Also the banner from 043 (Eric Verberne) is made by me!

Actulaly, whats up with those banners? Is designing of the DG Banners free for evey member (some sort of contest) or just for the few lucky ones that have been asked for it?
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 10:10 AM UTC
Check your PM, I sent you one.

Jeff
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Armorama: 1,370 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 11:13 AM UTC
Nice work Jeff, they get better and better. I like the rotary wing banner. Where did you get the pic of CH-46 :-) :-) :-)

I have to agree with Paul, the Soviet banner looks the best. Keep up with the great work.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 07:09 AM UTC
Hey Jeff,

thanks for the banner, looks GREAT. Nothin' says lovin' like a T-series beastie! heh heh.
john17
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 920 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 07:36 AM UTC
I posted my banner in the other thread, but per your suggestion, I'll start posting them here. I should be able to tackle a bunch more tonight and tomorrow.

Here is my first one out of the chute:

John
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 04:24 PM UTC
Great job. The image works well. The (viewer's) eye naturally follow from the face to the text to the tools. Well done.

Jeff
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 08:45 PM UTC
Hey guys!

My first banner is for Civilian Airplanes

I could not decide... so I posted them both.
What do you think?

Paul

FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2005 - 09:02 AM UTC
Ola Guys

Paul I like the lower banner best. For 2 Reasons. The Boeing 747 is still flying the Concord isn`t and I think everyone knows why.
The second reason is that in the lower banner you have the right colors to associate with the AC DG
And the other aspect is I love the KLM plane... Great idea.

Ok then here is a little overview of my Banners. I`m a slow progress maker on this part but really a big part of the time is going into finding the right pictures and if you can`t find them making the in Photoshop. I`m kinda looking for good fitting pics with the subject.
WW2 Allied

Early Aviation

Figures WW1 period

The first three are kown the last two are new. The Early armor banner is completely made out of loose elements and took a long time to make. The other was made in a short while by accidentally finding exactly the Picture I was scouting the web for days already
Early Armor

warships 1:700 WWII

As usual I would like to hear all kinds of feedback

USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2005 - 10:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I, too, like the bottom one. My two questions are: what it would look like without the glare on the side of the aircraft? Being the pyro-self that I am, it kind of looks like the 747 is being hit. Also, maybe add a small black outline over the text to make it stand out. Other than that, your rendering is shear mind-blowing.

Robert, yours too are also top of the line. Like Paul's, I also wonder if the Early Armor text could be brought out any? Maybe a feather box? I just feel that, given the background, colors, the black and white text blends in too well. Blurring the background behind the text should bring the text out. I especially love your early aircraft banner and the way each image blends into the next. It is perfect.

Finals is this week, so don't expect much this week (maybe Friday after I'm done) but I should get some out next week.

Jeff
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2005 - 11:25 AM UTC
I like this thread just for the banners, and the creative skills of the posters.. it's nice to see a thread were different people post their work, showing off their skills, at once comparing and 'competing' in the easy way that we are so accustomed to at Armorama.. Keep them coming..your banners are incredible.

Cheers
Henk
 _GOTOTOP