_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
takin the helm komrades
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2005 - 11:24 AM UTC
Hello all,

I will be hosting/moderating this particular DG until Staff_Jim comes to his senses and boots this commie out!

I do have a few interesting plans for the summer months, once the main "seeing red" campaign is done.

There is a week left to go, so anyone who wants to do a quick build, jump on in!
rbeebe99
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 540 posts
Armorama: 388 posts
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2005 - 11:58 AM UTC
Good to have you Jacques, interesting plans huh, sounds sinister.
Regards,
Robert
october
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 140 posts
Armorama: 80 posts
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2005 - 01:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I will be hosting/moderating this particular DG until Staff_Jim comes to his senses and boots this commie out!

Comrade Jacques,
there's always more than one red under the bed, count me along when your plans come in from the cold.
Cheers October :-)
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 07:17 AM UTC
Hiya guys,

Well, don't expect anything too crazy, just a more organized effort to win everyone over to the "Red" side. Or at least pay attention.

I am thinking more in lines of a informal building contest. I am not sure what to go with, but I also thought to get Sergej of SP Designs to sponser a prize, considering all of his kits and conversions.

Another thought was to have a thread for modelling your favorite soviet/russian gamepiece. What do I mean? Lots of people have played either microarmor or any of a plethora of computer an dvideo games. Make a model and tell the story of what happened (I had a platoon of JS-IIM's that had to deal with a German Maus..shudder.)

Otherwise, I also hope to do a few reviews. I am currently working on reviews of some resin BMD tracks, comparing T-80 turned aluminum barrels, and also looking over DML's JSU-152 as I build it for the Tank Destroyer campaign.

Now, would anyone else like to have help doing a kit review? I can offer some pointers.
 _GOTOTOP