_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Violent dios?
geofroley
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 94 posts
Armorama: 45 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 10:58 AM UTC
Since the topic of nude figures is up, I'd thought I'd bring up a similar one: Violence. Let's be honest, this is a military modelling forum. There may be some dios that are a bit violent. Is there any rule on violent dios and such? I intend on making some dios that may be a little gorey, so I'm just seeing whether or not I should post it here. Thanks for looking!

EDIT: Forgot to put this in the General Modelling section. Could a mod please place it there? Sorry for the inconvienience.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 11:13 AM UTC
Yes this is a military oriented site and violence is part of it.
The voilence can be done in presentable fashion. Yes war can be very messy.
When I review what diorama's are presented on the site I do look for appropriateness. I will ask that certain masures are taken so that people can make thier own choices on what they see.
Long story short -be careful. Plan your diorama well, don't do gore just to do gore or for the shock value.
When photographing your diorama camera angle and lighting can help make a gorey dio presentable.
I may ask that you put a reference in your post for those who wish to go see it, they can make the concious decision to do that. I will also offer to help edit photos and crop presentable portions to show of your work in a thread and have people choose to look further.
If you want please PM me and we can talk more in depth
 _GOTOTOP