_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Pz III
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 1,041 posts
Armorama: 533 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 03:24 PM UTC
Miniature magic entry #1 done! 3 more to go!

This is the revell PzIII

I noticed there isnt any option to select miniature magic in the Discussion Group dropdown list?

I used Italeri's markings on this one, the markings are WAY too thick!

Comments and criticisms welcome

Enjoy!
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,659 posts
Armorama: 1,512 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 - 12:40 AM UTC
I like a lot of what you've done in painting this one. The tow cable looks great and the paint chipping is nicly done.

however the running gear could use some work.. the road wheels should have rubber around them. Also the all rust look doesn't do the rest of your painting work justice.

wampum
Visit this Community
Tekirdag, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Armorama: 661 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 - 02:06 AM UTC
Danny,
I'll be in the campaign after seeing this beatiful 1/72 Pz III. I must have somewhere between the 1/35 stuff some 1/72.
I fully agree with Delbert, about the rust and the road wheels. It is not too late to correct these parts .
Over all I liked the work, congrats.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 - 02:23 AM UTC
Nice looking little tank. I've got the ExtraTech turret interior for my Revell Pz III. Might have to take that one out and look at it...
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 - 02:29 AM UTC
Hi guys

I guess i must have failed miserably in my portrayal of mud caked up on the undercarriage! It aint suppose to be rust! :-)

My reason for painting the whole undercarriage in mud? Laziness, i am too lazy to paint the tiny roadwheels so i just smeared the whole undercarriage in 'mud'

I'll try putting some weathering pigments in there, so it will look like mud instead of rust.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Alguhan, I'm sure you'll churn up some nice build! Keep us posted.

Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 - 02:34 AM UTC
I understood your weathering technique and don't think it's necessarily wrong, just a little overdone perhaps. I've racked up many miles on tanks and sometimes after travelling on dusty dirt trails, the entire lower hull could have been painted bright red but you wouldn't be able to tell because of the caked on dust, dirt and mud.

I would have painted the road wheels in the usual color and then done the weathering, just enough to show the color through. Your decal film on the turret numbers is shining through. I run into the same problems though.
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,405 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 - 10:49 AM UTC
Danny, I think it looks great! I especially like the paint chipping you’ve done. Pity the decals let you down. Ordinary dry transfers from just about any hobby store might correct the problem

As to the lower hull / running gear – Mig Pigments or any shifted sand mixed with a matt (Caked dry mud) or satin (Caked wet mud) varnish should help.

I do believe Rob has the correct method; “I would have painted the road wheels in the usual color and then done the weathering, just enough to show the color through.”

By dusting over painted wheels, very good weathering results are obtainable. Judging from your paint chipping, I’d say excellent results are obtainable!
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 - 10:03 PM UTC
Thanks for the comments guys, i'll put in some pigments before settling this one down in a dio

warvos
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 350 posts
Armorama: 141 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2005 - 12:18 AM UTC
Spiritseye,

Nice little Panzer you"'ve got there.
The paintjob is spot on, and the chipping looks very convincing.
Can't wait to see this one with some figs around her in a little dio!!
Dry transfer numbers instead of the wet ones will definately make a difference, but I'd leave the cross as it is, unless you are planning on painting it on yourself?

Depending on which terrain you planning on putting her in, the mud may actually not be all that exagerated in my opinion.

Nice work, keep 'm coming!!
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2005 - 11:16 PM UTC
Hi Warvos,

For the dio, i don't intend to put in figures. 1/35 figures are already too much for me!

As for the terrain of the dio, i'm thinking of just an open grassland.

Thanks!

BigBrother
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 88 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2005 - 11:45 PM UTC
Looks great, I like the chipping and paint. Only thing caught my eye was the decal silvering, clear gloss under them will help with that. Good tank though, now I gotta hurry get one finished too!
 _GOTOTOP