_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
VE Campaign 95% done ShermiesRule
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 03:54 AM UTC
Still have not finished with the trim around the base and I have a waving civilian to complete. There are a few more figures that I have my eye on but still debating whether to add them or not.

It depicts an M4A1Early Sherman and soldiers liberating a French town shortly after D-Day. The grateful Fench civilians have painted their names, thanks and slogans on the side of the tank and showered the American troops with flowers. I decided to use a set of Italeri rubber block tracks because they are the earlier type track.

SPECIAL NOTE: Please see that I have added a tribute to our fallen Big A commrade Gary Beebe by putting his name on the left rear of the Sheman among the civilain writings

Any comments appreciated

DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 04:20 AM UTC
That looks pretty good to me Alan. The waving civilian would add more atmosphere, but the flowers etc get the message over quite adequately themselves.
GI_Babycakes
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
KitMaker: 451 posts
Armorama: 254 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 05:11 AM UTC
looks good. i like the shadows of the figures from the direction the light is falling. addition of the flags are nice. it ads more color and lends to the celebration feel. getting more ppl on your base will also add to it.
goldwizard
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 05:16 AM UTC
The tank looks great, and I think that more figures would look good as its that type of scene. Well done
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 10:01 AM UTC
Hi Alan I think its looking great so far. I do agree with the others and feel more figs would make a big diiference. Civi;ian figs would add a lot to the feel of what the dio is saying. I love your base, and sherman. The signatures and slogans really look good. Great build so far. If you decide on some more waving civilians let me know I think i know where you may find a few. Cheers Kevin
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 10:12 AM UTC
Yeah I am working on one civilian figure right now but too cheap to spring for others. I think I will end up adding one figure set at a time until it looks right
TsunamiBomb
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,447 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 10:19 AM UTC
Great job so far pal, Keep up the good work and get those figs done!
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 1,430 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 10:23 AM UTC
Alan, i think that everything is starting to come together nicely. The civilian figures will make a big diffrence since this is a parade type setting. Keep up the good work..
I love the tribute you did to Garry..Im sure hes proud..
Mary
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 03:52 PM UTC
Update with the first civilian

tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 1,430 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 11:09 AM UTC
Alan..just the addition of that one civilian and her child makes a world of diffrence in the feel of the dio. Great Job!..I'm sure once you add a few more and get it set how you want it..it will be awesome..
Mary (++)
GI_Babycakes
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
KitMaker: 451 posts
Armorama: 254 posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2005 - 03:10 PM UTC
mary's right- just adding the mother and child improved the scene. i know you are working on finding a few more figs, and i'm also torn on which you should choose. i think it will be a matter of what you are able to find first. the movie scenes you described had many people out and about- but if you choose to put the couple in your dio only, it will be like looking at a closer frame- using the couple celebrating as your focal with the tank and other objects for support.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2005 - 04:09 AM UTC
I've added 5 more civilians and except for the wooden edging I'm done. I'll get pics up tonight.

Great campaign!
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Armorama: 1,088 posts
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2005 - 06:08 AM UTC
Great work!
 _GOTOTOP