_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Acedemy 1/72 6X6
BigBrother
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 88 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2005 - 05:08 AM UTC
Look at the Academy 1/72 scale 2-1/2 ton 6X6 Thought I would let everyone including the BRAILE SCALE folks know about this kit, it is super. Fit is good.
Detail is nice for something this small (about 3-3/4" long) 1 mistake though, the instructions have you placing the steering gear (part #j20) on in step 2 1/2 before the drive line goes on the chassis. Wait till step 3 as the axcels have to go through the springs before the steering (part #j20) is placed on the axcels.
Going to try to borrow a camera and take a shot of the chassis, it looks detailed enough to be 1/35...its 1/72.
If you've been thinking about something small to build jump in with this kit. There is even cargo, crates, guns and 55 gal drums to fill the back end with too! Steve
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,405 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 11:31 AM UTC
Hey Steve, you seem to have this one buttoned up quite tight. How about a build review to go with those photos?

From your description, I’m guessing there’ll be a few of us out in the morning shopping. I know I’ll be, and that’s just because of the accessories that come with it (2X .50 and .30 calibre MGs, 3X bomb racks and the ammo cases.
mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,331 posts
Armorama: 569 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 12:48 PM UTC
Thanks for the info, Steve. I've got two on the way from GreatModels. Appreciate the "heads-up" on the steering gear. Things are tough enough on these old eyes in 1/72 without having to deal with errata in the instructions.

Mike

_GOTOTOP