_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Braille Scale
1/72 and 1/76 Scale Armor and AFVs.
Hosted by Darren Baker
REVIEW
  Academy 1/72 U.S. 2 1/2 ton 6x6 Cargo Truck (1:72)
Jurjen
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
KitMaker: 3,040 posts
Armorama: 1,016 posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2005 - 01:13 AM UTC
Randy J. Ray [rjray] wrote a review about Academy''s U.S. 2 1/2 ton 6x6 Cargo Truck (1:72). Thanks Ray!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,315 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2005 - 02:09 AM UTC
Hi, Yes, this is a really nice little kit. Have built up the chassis and an very impressed with the amount of detail to it. Have managed through to break those fine little sfift levers in two while cutting them off the spure, but will replace them with some small diam. wire, hopefully. Too bad there isn't a canvas cover for the rear, but we can't have everything. Maybe some sfter-market maker will come along here before too long and povide one.

Take care, Sgirty
erhntly
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,426 posts
Armorama: 464 posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2005 - 04:40 AM UTC
Thanks Ray,
Tender
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 8 posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2005 - 05:41 PM UTC
Thank Ray and Jurjen Zuigendorp.
It has been a while since Academy come up with anything AT ALL. I was into their 1/72 wwII aircraft and I brought almot all the ones they produce(and that's when I start modeling). But aferward they just seem like sieged their production and nothing new come out.
Anyway, it is kind of suprise that they can manage to make all that many spur just for one truck, (as oppose to the Russian truck Trumpeter produce) I guest the detail must be stunning.
@sgirty
I don't know if you heart this technic before, that went you cut off very thin part , you can preheat you knife with fire first before cutting (I perfer a lighter since it is more handy). hope this help and no more part breaking for you.
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,315 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 04:01 AM UTC
Hi, Tender: thanks for that suggestion on pre-heating the knife blade a bit. I'll give it a try as it sounds like it's the logical solution here.

Take care, Sgirty
 _GOTOTOP