_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Air over the Sea campaign entry
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 12:16 AM UTC
Hello all,

As for I can't post it anymore in the campaign journals and could'nt find a thread about this campaign, I started my own than... Hope I'm not doing something wrong with this.

These are 2 pictures of my Fairey Seafox sofar.
I build almost none airplanes, but you know the thing about campaigns: they make you curious and trigger you to build some other things than usual.
Good thing for me was that Holdfast AKA Mal Mayfield helped me with advice and tips.

Thanks Mal!!

Well, this is howfar I got with it this week. The plane is gonna be sprayed all aluminium in Malta 1939 colourscheme.
I'm very proud on the rigging. I made it out of stretched sprue. The difficulty was stretching the sprue to the same thickness, but I think it looks OK, specially for my first time. :-)
There was no information about the rigging in the building instructions, so I had to go by refering pictures and I think they are in the right place now.

So, your comments, nitpicks, tips etc. are always welcome!
I'm also very curious how other members of the Air over the Sea campaign are doing!!??

So, lets hear from you!

PAUL
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2005 - 07:28 PM UTC
Yo!

Thanks for all the comments in this thread so far.....
:-)

To all 'readers', this is the result of spraying with Revell 99 Aluminium, thinned 50%.
Looks very nice, as far as I think.
Next step: decals! Keep you posted (if you like it or not!)

Paul

bf443
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 895 posts
Armorama: 283 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 11:53 AM UTC
AH Mr. Bond we've been expecting you! :-)

Anyway Paul your aircraft is looking good. I finished my entry a short time ago and it is buried on page 12 right now. Its a Monogram F6F-5. It also entered in MOM for May. As far as I know Mother, you and myself are the only ones to post anything. Don't know whats happened with the rest.

Brian
Gaucho
Visit this Community
Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
KitMaker: 416 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 01:23 AM UTC
Sorry, I only saw this topic today.
Well, I already finished my entry, more pics in my gallery.

Posted: Friday, May 20, 2005 - 05:00 AM UTC
Hey Brian and Ramão!
Don't get to close to each other or else your models are engaged in a dogfight.

:-)

Both beuatifull and inspiring models I must say.

My plane is tipping backward every time. I wish I had applied some weight in front of it. It wasn't mentioned in the instructions, so I thought it would not be neccasery... wrong thinking!

I wanted to start this week a few times with the decals, but every time I was set for it, I changed my mind.
It has so many (little) decals I get 'cold water fear' every timet. Something I don't have with AFV's.
But I had very bad experiences with Smer airplane decals once, so I guess that's the reason.

Perhaps tonight I giving it a try again, when wife and children are sleeping at one ear and it's all quiet in the house...

Paul

Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 03:56 AM UTC
OK, took me till today to place the decals...
Used microset to secure them in place. Pehaps I spray a final coating over the plane. Than, at the last, I place the clear parts for the cockpit.
These are the results.

Paul

BTW; the 'water' is made from Fimo, 'baked' together with the wooden base at 20 mininutes on 130.C
The wooden base did not like that; a crack appeared...
Learning point for me!

I like that "First Aid" decal very much! (at the right)

Ohja: the white 'dots' on the pictures are some snowflakes from a winterdio I photographed just before... Next time I vacum the plaid first...
Gaucho
Visit this Community
Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
KitMaker: 416 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 06:19 AM UTC
Nice Seaplane, man, the base is great too.
What's the meaning of "Fimo"?
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 07:09 PM UTC
Thanks Ramão !

Fimo is a polymer clay for children and crafters. Objects made with Fimo Soft are durable and strong after baking (use your home oven).
It comes in 10 colors, but you can paint it also.
I've seen wonderfull results with it as one of my friends is in to 1:12 dollshouses (the collector stuff, not the playstuff) and she used it to make small fruits to tuck in a basket etc.
Click here for their site

I know after backing it's even weatherproof, because they use it also to add details to the little folks at Madurodam

Paul

_GOTOTOP