_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
VE - Victory Europa - Mr.Mox entry
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Armorama: 1,088 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 04:29 AM UTC
Sometimes things donīt go as planned - I started out with a number of great ideas, but one after one they crumbled to dust and I ended up with just a few figures ....

Its some Verlinden civilians converted lightly to represent Danish freedomfigthers, armed with a stengun (some were homemade) and a M1 carabin from a weapons drop.

Following the capitulation a small number of freedomfigthers came out of hiding. It was a ragtag army, many having just joined seeing the outfall of the war.

Besides that a brigade came in from Sweden consiting of about 4.000 danes trained in Sweden, equiped with US weapons and british uniforms and webbing.

Following them, at contingent of about 6.000 desert rats from Montys much famed 8 th. army crossed the German/danish border some days after the capitulation.

Those allied troops should take care of around 300.000 german troops of assorted quality - quite a challenge - to put it mildly.

To the surprice of most participants, it all went along with only little troubles - a paradox is, that germans - armed and all - was used by the british to guard munition and fuel dumps against ?? - communist freedomfigthers og just Danes in general ?

It took months before the last German soldier left Denmark, German civilian refugees from eastern parts of Germany stayed much longer.

A part of Denmark - Bornholm - was first liberated from the russians in 1946.

Well, her goes:

Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Armorama: 2,762 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 06:38 AM UTC
Nice work, I like the figures!

I'm currently working on the last details of my diorama. I also started with some great ideas but I had to move to a smaller diorama because I just couldn't realize what I had in mind. Anyway, pics of my entry will follow soon!

You've got any more (overall) pics of your entry?

Martin
 _GOTOTOP