_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
ELEFANT - TD Entry pt.3
warthog
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,460 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 11:24 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

This is my latest update to the Tand Destroyer campaign. I'm doing the dio and the Elefant at simulataneously. Any comments/critiques especially for improvements are very much welcome.

Thanks for viewing

Cheers

Arvin

ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 01:27 PM UTC
Did the schwimagen run into the back of the Elephant?
warthog
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 02:37 PM UTC
Hi,

Nope...hmmm but that's one possibility. My plan is just to put the schwimmwagen close to the rear of the elefant but not necessarily hitting it. It should look as if they are using the schwim as part of their defence in case a frontal attack an attack while the rest of the crew escapes to other side.

BTW, one of my concern is that I think I made the path of the elefant too deep even for soft ground...

Comments please.

Arvin
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Armorama: 2,762 posts
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2005 - 08:39 AM UTC
Hey

I don't have real comments as it looks like you're still building (so something like add a hull machine gun is not usefull for you) but I do have a question....

Looks like the brown on the vehicle is paint.....which is interesting cause I always start with the base colour, dark yellow (or german grey). Maybe it is red primer which looks a bit brown on the pics?

Anyway I was wondering what you have in your mind for painting

Also wondering what the diorama idea is. I see the tanker in front of the Elephant which comes from the dragon Panzer crew survivors kit. Is the Elephant knocked out and the crew is trying to get away?

Martin
warthog
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2005 - 10:21 AM UTC
Hi Martinn,

You are right, the Elefant was knocked out by a mine and panzergrenadiers are providing the crew protection while they were escaping.

The paint I used is for the primer is the Tamiya red-brown spray paint, but I guess it really looks brown in the pictures. That primer color will be useful by the time I start with weathering. I found out that the glossy features of the Tamiya spray paint helps in producing chipped paint finish. I wrote something about my chipping technique in an article Building the Dragon Ferdinand .

As for the paint, I'll cover the Elefant with Dark Yellow but I'm not yet sure of what camo scheme I will use.

I think I should also post in the dio forum to get more inputs because the campaign central is really for campaign updates...

Cheers
 _GOTOTOP