Hosted by Darren Baker
Dead/Leaves
rbeebe99
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 540 posts
Armorama: 388 posts
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2005 - 02:57 PM UTC
I just received some of the dead/leaves from Dio-Master that ex-royal reviewed a while back. Very nice, if anyone recalls the ones that Hudson and Allen produce these are the same type, however H&A offered two colors one bag of dead leaves (one color) and a much smaller bag of green leaves, the Dio-Master are dead leaves but there are a lot of variations in color in one bag, which will really look nice as ground cover. Great service from Dio-Master by the way, ordered and delivered in just over a week. Not bad from Canada to Texas.
Reagards,
Robert
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2005 - 03:25 PM UTC
How about a link to these guys? I'm always looking for more groundwork stuff. I have the H&A leaves and have been happy with them, but if there's better, or more diverse, I'm interested .
rbeebe99
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2005 - 03:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

How about a link to these guys? I'm always looking for more groundwork stuff. I have the H&A leaves and have been happy with them, but if there's better, or more diverse, I'm interested .

http://worlwar-ii.redirectme.net:1150/dio-master.htm
Regards,
Robert
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2005 - 03:58 PM UTC
Thanks, I've bookmarked it.
Al
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 02:24 AM UTC
Ya know,
I had to come up with 1/35 dead leaves and do you know what I did?
I took an oak leaf off the tree outside. (Maple, oak, elm, it doesn't matter, as long as it's deciduous)
I cut it along both sides of the main stem so I had, essentially, 2 haves of one leaf without the main vein/stem.
I set them on the western window sill in the house for about a week.
After they dried, I threw them into our food processer for just a few seconds.
This created a flaky pile of what I saw as great 1/35th scale dried leaves.
It actually took a few tries to get it right, but, I pulled about 20 leaves off instead of just 1 and did them individually until I had a ziplock bag-full of them.

Sprinkle them where you need them, wet-water them down, and mist on scenic glue.

Try it out.
Cuhail
rbeebe99
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 05:13 AM UTC
Cuhail,
I have an article that I submitted that is very similar to what you are describing, but you use a blender, should be up on this site in a while. Works well, but I still like a little more variety and these leaves do the trick.
Regards,
Robert
 _GOTOTOP