_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
M60 gunner for welcome to the NAM
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,017 posts
Armorama: 752 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 01:24 PM UTC
Here is a couple of progress pics on my lindberg 1/10 scale M60 Gunner it from the Vietnam Memorial Statue. I decided I would build just one of the figures and do a little convertion. After lots of filling, filing, and sanding I modified the left hand to show the piece sign. This is my first attempt at a large scale figure. Let me know what you think and any tips for large scale figures.
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,242 posts
Armorama: 504 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 02:14 PM UTC
I think it looks alright Keenan!

I have that kit as well. I sort of assembled it just to see what it would like. At the moment, I'm looking for a chunk of black granit to use as a base and I plan to do mine as the bronze. I thought about having a local monument company etching it with the POW/MIA emblem. However, i think that could run into some serious expense.

I often sat and thought what it might look like if it were painted in flesh tones. Now I'll have a btter idea. I look forward to seeing yours when it's finished.

Take care
Steve
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,017 posts
Armorama: 752 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 02:28 PM UTC
Thanks Steven. Ive built the kit in bronze and give it to my Dad on Veterns Day last year he really liked it. So now I will try paint this kit in color.
auburn
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 927 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 02:31 PM UTC
Hi KEENAN,for some time now Ive been watching grow the subject your doing and very well too I must say, but in a different form, my wife is doing a counter cross scitch of this memorial, she loves her military and historical subjects, Looking forward to seeing the painted version,.... cheers mate Phil.
 _GOTOTOP