Hosted by Darren Baker
Scramble scene
AIRB842586
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 261 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2002 - 05:21 PM UTC
I am modeling the morning of 9/11 at Otis ANG Base using the "WTC Scramblers" decals from TwoBobs, but what does the immediate area around the alert a/c look like? Is it kept clear, or are there often utility carts around it? Are there typically many ground personnel moving about the a/c as the pilot is getting in? Any ideas?
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
Armorama: 377 posts
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2002 - 05:42 PM UTC
A typical scarmble is everyone doing thier duites as fast and as efficient as they can.There would be ground crew all over the place and pilots running and getting in thier aircraft.Have you ever seen Independence Day?If you have the part where El Toro gets attacked there are alot of pilots,ground crew,etc. all over the place trying to get to thier a/c.
Oh yes and one more thing,Welcome!
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 12, 2002 - 02:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Otis ANG Base

Choosing Otis, is that just because you have the decals or do you have an affinity for the base? I've been to a couple air shows there on the way home from vacation and I did a series of their jets, F-94, T-33, F-106 and F-15 a few years ago. They were on display for a month or so at a hobby shop in Hyannis, down the road from Otis.
AIRB842586
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 261 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 12, 2002 - 08:30 AM UTC
Actually, I'm modeling Otis because the F-15s that scrambled on 9/11 before the airliners hit the towers took off from Otis, I'm building the lead F-15 flown by Col. Quennevile of the 102 FW. I'll have to watch that part of Independence Day again, Air Force One I suppose could inspire as well, thanks for the suggestions.

Matt
 _GOTOTOP