Church accessories
Simon
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 878 posts
Armorama: 697 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 06:11 AM UTC
Hi!
I'm building Verlindens Church Ruin (the old one), and I need some Bibles, candlesticks and so on - things you use to find in any church.

I'm going to use the church ruin for a dio depicting US forces driving thorugh some village in Normandy, short after the invasion in 1944. So I'm looking for catholic, french pre-war church-accessories.

Now to the question: Do any of you out there in Armorama know a company who manufacture church-accessories or any DIY tips and tricks?

Thanks in advance

Simon
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,318 posts
Armorama: 837 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 07:24 AM UTC
Candles would probably be pretty easy to make, but Historex makes this set...........

Now, books can be made by scaling down something like this.........

or this.........

More can be found here.

Patrick
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 07:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So I'm looking for catholic, french pre-war church-accessories.

I think any accessories here from 1500 to 2005 would do the trick .... there hasnīt beena lot of change in these.

Churches would have a lot of relics and pictures, hung on the wall, that would more than likely be removed in the event of war, for safe keeping. When weathering the walls, stick squares or rectangles of masking paper in an ordely fashion, and remove to leave tracks where these items would have been.
Alters could be scratched from balsa and dolls house pre-shaped accessories used to dress it up. Confession boxes, pews, crucifix, holy water fonts, etc could also be scratched from balsa and timber shapes.
For windows, look for stained glass images andprint out on overhead sheets,then smash .. this looks great in a dio.
Just some quick ideas!
Monte
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 833 posts
Armorama: 601 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 07:55 AM UTC
I woulden't worry too much about candels. As mentioned before most objects would be removed for safe keeping so any candle holders would be gone. Plus any soldiers moving through would probably grab them up for their own personal use.
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,748 posts
Armorama: 1,797 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 12:28 PM UTC
If you depict it burned, not much recognizable will be left inside.

When I took pictures of this burned Catholic church, there were light "shadows" on the walls where things were hung on the walls. I'll try to find the rest of the pics at work tomorrow and post them to show you what I mean.
Simon
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 878 posts
Armorama: 697 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 03:30 AM UTC
Hi there!
Thanks alot for your interest, and you ideas.

I will take them into consideration as I get along with the project.

Thanks again

Simon
 _GOTOTOP