_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Just joined MP campaign
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 01:35 AM UTC
I decided to join the MP campaign. What I will be doing is Tamiya's M1025 converted to OIF2. I am adding Blast Models HMMWV weapons ring set, and using the CIP panels from Verlindens Bradley Stowage set (I don't have any more for the doors, so I am placing them near the back of the vehicle. I am also modifying the driver to have an IBA instead of whatever he is molded with.

Should I add the supplemental armor to the doors (the flat doors) or can I leave them with the X? I haven't checked On Point's Order of Battle, but if the provided decals don't match with the units that were in theater, then I will probably modify them.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments, I'd be more than happy to hear them.

Jeff
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 02:33 AM UTC
Hey Jeff

I'm sorry, but as an WW2 builder I don't have much knowledge of HMMWV's, only that the original ones may not be driven on Dutch roads by normal drivers...

But feel free to post the question in MP! Campaign Attention all units!! forum. I started it to keep the posts a bit together, so we can all see eachothers progress in one forum. I know there are more modellers who build this vehicle on the campaign, so perhaps the answer comes there

Paul
 _GOTOTOP