_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Dragon/DML MAZ 543 interior colours?...
Joker
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 813 posts
Armorama: 522 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 05:30 PM UTC
Comrades,
I've gone and started that big Scud B launcher from Dragon and I'm wondering about the interior colours. The instructions call for white or light blue, but over at Tankmaster they show a MAZ with a light green interior, sort of looks like British Sky type S but about 20% darker!
Need help , starting to paint...man this this big and really ugly, but I kind of like it in a sort of Russian kind of way. Tons of fun though, went all out and got the Eduard interior and exterior sets....hours of fun and giggles there!
Any info would be helpful
Cheers
Joker
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2005 - 02:11 AM UTC
well, it sounds like your color is good. I have seen a number of different "shades" of similar colors, but I cannot say that they are accurate, or if they are just tonal differences in photography.

I have used a light blue interior and also a light blue-green interior.

Have fun with the SCUD. I built one long ago, the one I am turning civilian now, and had no problems with it (except I recently dropped it and twisted the framing...now it looks messed up...SIGH.)

I agree the newest eduard PE sets for the kit seem a bit overwhelming, but they are needed and they are MUCH better than the old PE frets.
Joker
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 813 posts
Armorama: 522 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 04:40 PM UTC
Thanks for the info, Jacques. I just started back into it after taking a couple of weeks off on it ( Canuck Steel took centre stage).I ended up using an Italian colour for the interior which is pretty close I think. As far as the PE is concerned I'm using both sets and like most etch some you use, some you don't! I'm starting on the hinges and catches for all the bins and lockers now...it's a big job. On the plus side the new weighted wheels have been cast and look good. I'll post pics when i get a little farther along
Thanks again
Joker
 _GOTOTOP