_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: R/C Armor
Discuss all Remote Control Armor related topics here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
What RC tank to choose?
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Armorama: 2,762 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 11:00 PM UTC
Hi all,

I've been walking with the idea of buying a RC tank for some time now.....and I finally decided to actually buy one.....not in one week, I was thinking I could buy it next winter, nice thing to spend the winter months on so I can take it outside next spring. Also I gotta wait till I finished my driving lessons cause the cost so much I can't really put away any money to buy this RC tank.

Still I can already think which one to buy....but man, that's a hard thing to do! I want to go for one of the Tamiya kits, but I can't decide.....

So I thought I could keep a sort of opinion poll. Which tank do YOU think I should choose, and what excactly makes this tank so cool??

Tamiya currently offers the following tanks:

- M26 Perhing

- King Tiger

- Sherman 105mm (HVSS)

- Leopard 2A6

- Tiger I early (discontinued but still available)

I'm very interested in your opinions!

Martin
Hut
Visit this Community
Utrecht, Netherlands
KitMaker: 285 posts
Armorama: 238 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 11:10 PM UTC
Hi Martin,

I've been thinking the same thing. Normally I do 1/72 static, it would be a nice change to build an RC tank.
What scale are you thinking about? I'd go for 1/35, big enough for me.
What I would like is not just for the tank to be able to drive but gun and turret must be movable as well.

Which one to buy:
Logical answer would be; the type of tank you like best.
Personaly I would go for the king tiger, I like german WWII tanks best for their looks (sloped armour) and I don't really care for the blocked shape of the tiger, sothat leaves the king.

Cheers,
Pascal
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Armorama: 2,762 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 11:23 PM UTC
I'd like to go for the 1:16 tanks

That's 1 vote for the KT, thanks
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 11:33 PM UTC
Get Leo 2A6!
It is not easy to put together (so I heard), but it is the most technically advanced model of all Tamiya RC tanks.

Pawel
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 11:35 PM UTC
Here's an idea to think about, there has been several members that bought R/C tanks, if I was you, I would try to find their old post, then talk to them, to see which one had the better luck, to see if there is anything they would have done different, if anything.

Now of course I think they are just about created equal, out side of a lemon every now and then, but you never know, maybe they just might have some insight to your quest.
I hope this has been helpful.
Kerry
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 07:05 PM UTC
Martin go with the King Tiger,i have had the Tiger I and the sherman both good kits,but i do think the KT looks the best.at what price have you seen them?i have seen the KT from around £450 full option,thats about 670 euro.Have you seen the 1/6 scale Tigers?

http://www.mark-1-tank.co.uk/king-tiger.html

Good luck.
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Armorama: 1,088 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 07:09 PM UTC
You can get the Trumpeter 1/16 T-34 as RC model at Blast for 80 euro ... look at this topic: http://www.rcpanzer.de/apboard/thread.php?id=10746

MEHall
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 - 03:45 AM UTC
I can reccomend the Tiger tanks, i have both the Tiger 1 (full set) and the Kingtiger (Porche turret ) ! A note about the Kingtiger, be aware how you assemle the road wheels, there must be a spaceing in them so the teeth on the track can go in the spaceing ! All the Tamiyas tanks are tecnically similar, so it“s only a matter of what tank that looks best and if you want to battle with other the tanks matches best if they are from the same time period !
 _GOTOTOP