_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
ShermiesRules Medic Campaign Progress
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2005 - 12:03 PM UTC
Here is the start of my Medic Campaign

Here is a scratch of dead soldier under a blanket. Decided not to use a full figure underneath as not to waste a figure. Besides it was easier to make a stck figure and add extra arm and leg.

Everything I've collected so far. The Jeep is the common Italeri Ambulance Jeep. The wounded figure with the chest bandaged is from Verlinden. As you can see the scratch stick figure has been 99% completed to the bottom right
GI_Babycakes
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
KitMaker: 451 posts
Armorama: 254 posts
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2005 - 12:08 PM UTC
its great! and to think you weren't going to enter this campaign... i still say i talked you into it. Can't wait to see more
goldwizard
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 06:17 AM UTC
Thats looking good.... Cant wait to see it finished.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 10:08 AM UTC
Here is an update. It's going to be a roadside first aid station. Although you can't see it there are plenty of tire tracks in the road and, of course, the grass hasn't been added yet.

Is anyone aware of a resonably prices figure set of US wounded? I would like to add some figures where one soldier is helping a wounded buddy. Since I already have a stretcher team I would prefer not to have another stretcher
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 05:30 AM UTC
Had a little disaster with my dio. I thought I had glued down my stretcher team when in fact I didn't. When I was carrying the dio outdoors to take pics the stretcher team fell off. As a natural reaction I stepped back... right where the strecther team bounced!! I broke the stretcher arms and popped off two heads. When you paint heads with camouflage and they get lost among the rocks and gravel on your porch....

You can see the stretcher team off on the side being repaired. A new unpainted head has been added to the wounded man on the stretcher.

I also made an attempt to create a two track road.

TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 07:12 AM UTC
Howdy Alan,

Sorry to hear about your attempt at ballet whilst transporting your dio......but then you've got to remember that your 'wounded' were probably already feeling the blissful effects of Mother Morphine and most likely didn't feel a thing... ....so, it could have been worse.

As to your dio...looking good so far. And, you get big kudos fopr including so many figs. I for one am fig-challenged. {need to work on that someday}
Also, just so the point is not lost, I'm additionally shocked at the appaling absence of any Shermans.......tsk, tsk....

On a closer point, I like your Jeep as well, reminds me of an Australian medic's Jeep idea that I've had on the back burner for some time now.......

here's a pic

As you can see, yours looks almost identical.....

Tread.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 07:31 AM UTC
Treadhead. Originally I had planned on loading the wounded onto the back of a Sherman instead of the jeep. However I found the med jeep on sale for $4 and couldnt pass.
GI_Babycakes
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
KitMaker: 451 posts
Armorama: 254 posts
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2005 - 08:37 AM UTC
*covers eyes, holds breath and slowwwwwwwwwwly peeks*

yikes, that must have been awful. i'm sure "heads were rolling" after that spill!! haha :-) i crack myself up!

looks good... although drive over your grass a bit more and give it a good dusting. i imagine they were on a road well-travelled.
Prato
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,002 posts
Armorama: 720 posts
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2005 - 09:51 AM UTC
Nice work Alan! I can't wait to see the final result! It sure looks very promissing!
Cheers and happy modelling!
Prato
 _GOTOTOP