Hosted by Darren Baker
Bilek fuel trailer
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 01:05 PM UTC
here are two pics of the Bilek fuel trailer. Washes and pastels still to be done.

Star decals are Archer dry transfers as the Bilek decals were rubbish and broke up when wet so I binned the lot.

cheers
Cliff

Rockfall
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 884 posts
Armorama: 602 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 01:28 PM UTC
I like it alot. What did you use for the hose? It looks very realistic.

Thanks for sharing.
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 02:56 PM UTC
Hhhheeeyyy, that's a great little scratcher there Roo!

I too like the hose and ask the same question.

Cuhail
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 03:00 PM UTC
the hose is what came in the kit and it is injected plastic. The trailer was built totally OOB.

cheers
Cliff
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 06:36 PM UTC
Pretty neaty clean work there Roo. Hose is looking really real!!!! hard to believe it came with the kit
Nice work
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 12:17 AM UTC
Cliff,
Out of the box? I didn't know you did those anymore. :-)

I like it though. I once took a Tamiya Flak 37 Trailer and made a generator trailer. Your build brings me back

Cuhail
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 09:20 AM UTC
Looks great Roo. Not much to say about it .. no visible build problems and nothing that i could offer as a suggestion,except aslight weathering. What have you planned to pull this with?

I have the italeri version, with this and another small trailer item. Ive read somewhere that the trailer is not right for WW2 when built OOB. Is this water trailer ok for WW2, OOB?

I had planned to build this, and it to be pulled by the Italeri (201) water tank truck. Would this be possible?

Have anybody have refs among their stash with either of these two?

Sorry for all the questions ...
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 09:49 AM UTC
Frank it is possible but usually the Military do not mix fuel and water carriers togeather.

I have the other trailer as well but by Airfix in 1975 and can see no problem with them being used as WW2 items.

Fuel trailer would more likely to be towed with the fuel tanker GMC or a standard GMC cargo truck. The Dodges ( 6X6 WC62/63, weapons carrier & command car) were used as well and of course us Aussies used jeeps for towing anything and everything in New Guinea :-)
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 10:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Frank it is possible but usually the Military do not mix fuel and water carriers together.

Thanks for the quick reply Cliff.
My idea was to have both as fuel tanks, both the truck and the trailer (or indeed both as water trucks if it was more likely -- just thought fuel would leave nastier stains and would make for an interesting weathering combination ..one heavily weathered and one not).

What would the chances be of this trailer being filled with fuel in like an emergency?
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 08:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

My idea was to have both as fuel tanks, both the truck and the trailer (or indeed both as water trucks if it was more likely -- just thought fuel would leave nastier stains and would make for an interesting weathering combination ..one heavily weathered and one not).

What would the chances be of this trailer being filled with fuel in like an emergency?

Frank the trailer pictured is a FUEL (petrol) trailer. The water tanker is just that - a WATER tanker! no fuel in those babies just water so sorry no way would the two be togeather. Ther water trailers are different designs as well.

Sorry to pour water (LOL) on your idea :-)

sorry again I could not resist. Get the CMK fuel tanker conversion kit and a Tamiya GMC and build a proper fuel truck to pull the trailer.

cheers
Cliff
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2005 - 07:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry to pour water (LOL) on your idea

G´day Roo. Im just drying myself off after the splash of cold water :-)
I bought both kits to show together, but now I have this info, I´ll come up with something else. Im grateful to hear about it now, rather than when its in the final finishing stages.

Thanks for taking the time to set me straight. All the best.
 _GOTOTOP