_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
It's not a motorcycle baby, it's a chopper
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Armorama: 1,370 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 03:08 PM UTC
Title from “Pulp Fiction” This afternoon I was able to make a few changes and make the handlebars. Tonight I’m going to work on the rear fender and oil tank. Everything is just pinned together for the time being. The wife wants to see it painted in a lime green metallic over gold.

This is going into the On Two Wheels campaign.
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 04:35 PM UTC
I love Swedish Chops, and this looks like a beautiful example. Although both the tank and seat might be a touch on the large side.. . Looking good, I do hope you will add a suitably sized sissybar. And I like your wife's taste in color, I once had a 'chopped' ( badly chopped mind you.. :-) ) CB 550 F, which started with a fluoresent green paint job, with matching helmet. I kid you not. My aim was to make people recoil in horror at the sight of my bike, and oddly enough, that worked.. :-) :-) :-) . It ended up as should, matt black allover, untill I gave it to a friend for doing a lot of work on a house I bought. but that's another story etc. etc.

I would ask what engine you'll put in, but then again I think I'll know the answer.. :-) .

Cheers
Henk

mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Armorama: 1,370 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 04:57 PM UTC
Thanks Klasse, yeah the seat i'm still working on. I need to cut and shape it still. Still waiting for the putty to dry on the fender then I can fit the seat to it. As for the tank...that's it. Love the fat tanks, makes the bike look beefy. The small tanks just makes the frame look empty.
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 05:18 PM UTC
Only one engine should go in a chop - hog iron. Lets face it - all Harleys need to go on a serious diet!

Always fancied a chop, but was scared off by tales of bad cornering etc - on Brit roads that made it a no-no. Give me back my Bonnie or Norton - please!
Snowhand
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Armorama: 345 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 12:18 AM UTC
I agree.. It looks good but would definately be impractical on most, ifnot all European roads. :-) :-) :-)

A Norton, Triumph, BSA, BMW or similar bikes would do much better here.
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 03:51 AM UTC
OK I will put in my order for a new 1/1 scale chopper. You are doing a bang up job. Your frame and rake and trail look very natural. I too like the fat tanks opposed to the little sporty tanks. Looking forward to seeing more of your build soon.
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 04:24 AM UTC
Got any PE for that?
Wot,no 3 color ambush scheme! ? (++) (++)
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,008 posts
Armorama: 242 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 12:22 PM UTC
Wow...
 _GOTOTOP