barbarrossa 1st day
sergio
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 09:14 AM UTC
HI friends,
I want to make a diorama of the 1st day of Barbarrossa, tons on german crossing the border and smashing the frontier border police guard. One single , one strongpoint may be facing alone tons of german.

I am looking for any picture of the border line to see the strongpoints, the markings, the fence or whatever had the russians to be smashed.
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,411 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 10:22 AM UTC
Sergio,
Get yourself to the bookstore or library or internet and look up Barbarrosa. I know of at least one book out there on the initial assault on Russia.

Good luck.

sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,065 posts
Armorama: 508 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 10:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

HI friends,
I want to make a diorama of the 1st day of Barbarrossa, tons on german crossing the border and smashing the frontier border police guard. One single , one strongpoint may be facing alone tons of german.

I am looking for any picture of the border line to see the strongpoints, the markings, the fence or whatever had the russians to be smashed.

Sergio,

Let me recomend a book by Paul Carell. It is called Operation Barbarossa and it is a book of photographs (many in great color) that he collected while researching his wonderful Hitler Moves East and Scorched Earth books on the invasion of Russia.

Look on BN.com or amazon.com and search for the title or author.

It is a rather $ expensive book, but in my opinion a MUST for anyone interested in the Eastern Front. I can't reccomend it enough, and I own several hunderd books on WWII. Not only does it show the soldiers, etc. but also the towns, cities, terrain, some maps, and many images of civilains and everday life during these years. And, the color images are really nice. These are not published elsewhere as they are mostly photos taken by everday people and from private collections.

Also, remember the fronts on the first days of Barbarossa were huge. There is a variety of terrain, etc. that you could use.

Steve
 _GOTOTOP