Hosted by Darren Baker
Academy M997 Maxi questions
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2005 - 10:48 AM UTC
I bought this for the Medic campaign as well as the Eduard set. I just got the kit and am still waiting for the Eduard set. While I am waiting and studying the kit instructions (almost all of which are in Korean I think), I was wondering if there is anything I should be aware of or correct.

Reviews of this kit are sketchy, with most of the attention focusing to Academy's armed HMMWVs, so any knowledge or previous experience building this kit would be most helpful. Thanks in advance.

Jeff
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2005 - 02:11 PM UTC
I built the kit and had no problems. It goes together just fine and looks great when done. Good luck.
RotorHead67
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,174 posts
Armorama: 772 posts
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2005 - 08:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I bought this for the Medic campaign as well as the Eduard set. I just got the kit and am still waiting for the Eduard set. While I am waiting and studying the kit instructions (almost all of which are in Korean I think), I was wondering if there is anything I should be aware of or correct.

Reviews of this kit are sketchy, with most of the attention focusing to Academy's armed HMMWVs, so any knowledge or previous experience building this kit would be most helpful. Thanks in advance.

Jeff

JEFF,
The kit is fairly accurate. One of Academy's better
HuMMer's. The Eduard set adds a lot of the details in a finer way. (stretcher racks, fittings, vents, hold downs and fittings,steps,door locks. I have a personal walkaround set of photos I shot of this vehicle in 92'
If you would like a set let me know. SHOOT me a PM I'll post a set to you. Todd
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 08:57 AM UTC
PM sent, thanks.

Jeff
 _GOTOTOP