_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Gunny's "Medic! " Campaign entry #1
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Armorama: 713 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 03:52 AM UTC
Greetings, all!
Here is a pic of my first entry for the Medic Campaign, just completed this morning, a little vignette entitled "Wasser?!?". There is a few more different angle shots posted in the campaign gallery for anyone interested...Skin tone looks really pale in the pictures, but that's the best that my digital would do!
Gunny...out!

Danial
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 693 posts
Armorama: 275 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 07:06 AM UTC
what scale and kit is this frm? the shed looks like its frm italeri...what abt the models?
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,405 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 09:07 AM UTC
Gunny are those the figures from Masterbox's Panzer I Ausf.A Ambulance kit and one of Italeri's 'scenes'?

Great idea, and it looks good too! I actually feel sorry for the poor blighters!
Simon
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 878 posts
Armorama: 697 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 09:21 AM UTC
It looks great. Put some grass on the base...it would improve it.
They really look like some guys who needs more than medics. Undertakers more likely . :-)

Good job

Simon
goldwizard
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 09:18 PM UTC
I also think some grass would look good on the base but otherwise it looks really good.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 11:12 PM UTC
Ola Mark

That are indeed the figures of the MB productions Panzer 1A Ambulance. They are quite nice.
I at first could not place the shed untill somebody mentioned it was Italeri`s. I had never seen one before. I think it could work out better if you had sprinkled the base with fine sand and added a lot of grass around the shed. It now really gives a plastic feeling to it as you have painted it only.
Did you paint the woodgrain on the planks yourself? Good effort. I think it must be hard to paint plastic in such a way it becomes convincing wood.
The scene and the placing of the figures is nice, just a strong story.

Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 04:31 AM UTC
Greetings, again, My friends...
Thanks for the comments, I always welcome both good and bad! Yes, the figures are from MB Ltd.'s Ambulance version, The shed is Italeri's "Command Post", and the other stuff is from the junkbox....I threw the idea of some sand or grass around, and there is still a great possibility of me adding such! As we all know, a dio or vignette scene is never really "finished"! I probably will add some sort of greenery to the piece...
Thanks again,
Gunny
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 10:55 PM UTC
Good point, James....
Maybe I'll "dirty him up" a bit! It always helps to have other peoples opinions on your work, as I have found that once you work on something for a while, you seem to overlook the little things that really help to make the piece come alive...Thanks again!
Gunny...out!
wampum
Visit this Community
Tekirdag, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Armorama: 661 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 11:01 PM UTC
Very nice idea using these MB figures in this way. I'm making the same figures together with the Pz I ambulance version, for the same campaign.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2005 - 04:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Very nice idea using these MB figures in this way. I'm making the same figures together with the Pz I ambulance version, for the same campaign.

Thanks for the input, wampum...What do you think of the Pz-1A Ambulance?...aside from a little fit problems in the beginning of the build I think it's a really good kit...How's your build coming along?
Gunny
wampum
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2005 - 04:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

How's your build coming along?

Mark,
I'm satisfied with this ambulance version. The fitting problems are very very little. It's an interesting kit to build. I think the MB products are good. I bought some other figure sets from them (both of the panzer crews sets) and they didn't dissapoint me.
I assembled and gave the first coat of the ambulance. Beside these three figures I will add two more figures from Alanger and a Tamiya converted figure. All of them will take place on a diorama. I'll post the steps on campaign forum. But I do not hurry cause we have enough time to finish the campaign.
Here is the last picture of the work

Alguhan
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2005 - 05:40 AM UTC
Looks good, wampum...What kind of scene do you have planned for this one? You're choice of additional figures is very interesting...I agree with your comment regarding MBltd's figure sets...they are soon releasing another German Tank Repair Crew set, as well as a Normandy circa 1945 American Airborne Paratrooper set that both look very good...should be at the store in about two or three weeks...
Gunny
wampum
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2005 - 07:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

What kind of scene do you have planned for this one?

Hi Mark,
I'm planning to have a front side of a building, which has been transformed to a hospital. Many crates and boxes with red cross signs. The other details will appear while building the scene. I didn't detailed the work in my head yet..
Prato
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,002 posts
Armorama: 720 posts
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2005 - 07:40 PM UTC
Very good work, Mark! The idea is brilliantly dellivered! The figure are well painted, still they still lack a bit of weathering in my opinion! The base looks good, but I agree with Joe (Goldwizard) :it lacks a bit of grass! Nevertheless, the vignette is great! Congratulations!

Wampun, your build is on the right track! Hope to see more of it soon!

Cheers and happy modelling!
Prato
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2005 - 10:49 PM UTC
Greetings, Prato...
Thanks so much for the kind words and constructive critiscism of this little vignette...I think that I am going to add a little greenery to this piece, but I am torn between ideas now...I might mount the building onto a wood base and incorporate a little more groundwork with trees brush and grass...any ideas? I would like to mold the existing plastic base with an additional area of ground...maybe celluclay would be the best way to go...what do you think?
Gunny
 _GOTOTOP