_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Vehicles from 'Indiana Jones'
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,561 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2002 - 08:03 AM UTC
I know there's already a topic about the tank from 'Last Crusade' ... But I thought the topic was worth reviving.
There's a few vehicles from the Indy trilogy that I've always wanted to build as models, but I don't know exactly what they are and who makes models of them.
(side note; this is in the WW II - Germany group because it's the cloesest group there was)
The first contestant is:
-The truck Indy takes control of in 'Radiers', the one carrying the Ark.
It appears to be a mid-1930's Mercedes Benz deisel truck. ... I found this quote on a website,"...there was a battle scarred truck in the chase, one that had been through scaffolding and really been smashed. This was built especially, based on an American GMC, a 1943 model."
Anybody know of a model of this truck, or something I can use as a base for making one?
-The tank at the end of 'Crusade'. Most of what I know about the tank can be found in the thread I have a link to above, but I'd like to ask again if anyone knows of a model of this that's availible.
This site has a little bit of info about the two vehicles mentioned above...
So, to sum up the post: I'm looking for info, photos and model kits related to the vehicles mentioned above. If no model kits are availible, well I'll just have to start scratchbuilding then!

YodaMan
Greg
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 455 posts
Armorama: 298 posts
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2002 - 08:16 AM UTC
Well, it wouldn't be cheap but you could start with a Tamiya 1/35 US 2 1/2 ton GMC truck as a basis and use the Italeri Mercedes L3000 cab and other parts. Might take some surgery; I don't have a clue about thedifferences in frame or cab width. Still, it would make for an interesting model. The metal brush guard on the front would be easily done from Evergreen strips, shapes, and rods. Tricky bit to model would be Indy himself either clinging to the chassis or dragging behind at the end of his whip.... #:-) #:-) #:-)

Greg
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2002 - 10:59 AM UTC
Thanks, Greg. Do you mean this Tamiya kit? If so, cost won't be too much of a problem. I'll just wait for the next big sale a Hobby Lobby!
Is this the Italeri kit you refer to? Hmmm, I see where you're going with this. I like it!!! :-)
Thanks again!!!
I wonder what I'll have to do to join the two kits together... It's a starting point anyway!

Now, all I need is some info on that tank.

YodaMan
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 09:44 AM UTC
No one wants to take another guess at the tank?

YodaMan
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 01:06 PM UTC
Here is a link to the site with pictures of the remnants of the Indy tank, Last Crusade tank. It is a made up tank, designed to look like a post WW1 tank.
 _GOTOTOP